Travel to Oregon with AdventureWomen for an exhilarating lodge-to-lodge whitewater rafting trip on the stunning Rogue River!
The Rogue River was one of the original eight rivers named by Congress in the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act of 1968, and still boasts pristine beauty and the opportunity to unplug and get off the grid. On this women’s rafting trip, land in Medford, Oregon, a small, vibrant city that boasts numerous wine bars to try if you have time before you meet your group at the airport to start your adventure. You’ll meet your professional whitewater rafting guides, who will be with you in the boats from start to finish, ensuring your enjoyment of every rapid. You are also accompanied by an AdventureWomen Ambassador, committed to helping make your experience a fun and personally rewarding adventure, and cheering you on as you reach beyond your comfort zone to take on new challenges in your own unique way!
Start your adventure with a welcome dinner at Morrison’s Lodge, where you’ll toast the excitement to come. You’ll receive your waterproof gear bags from your guides and can ask last-minute packing questions before you separate your river gear from anything you want to store during the trip. The next morning, the fun begins! You’ll drive to the launch where your guides will teach you basic river commands as well as how to self-rescue should you fall out of the boat at any point. If you want a true adrenaline rush, you’ll have the opportunity during the trip to paddle an inflatable kayak through a few of the rapids. The river starts off gently, but it’s not long until you encounter your first Class II and III rapids. Have a delicious picnic lunch on the riverbank and enjoy a dip in the water before starting to paddle and float again. You’ll arrive at your first lodge in the late afternoon.
The Rogue is one of the only rivers where you can raft during the day and stay in comfortable lodges on the banks of the river at night. You’ll have a nightly happy hour, comfortable beds, warm showers, and incredible home-cooked food. Continue down the river, stopping periodically for scenic hikes and explorations of historic areas along the river. As you paddle towards each rapid, you and your fellow travelers will paddle hard and follow your guide’s instructions to navigate through the rapid safely; reach the end of each rapid with a cheer! If you’re looking for some downtime, don’t worry – with four days along the river, you’ll have ample time to relax, do some fishing, play cards, or read a book.
Get off the beaten path and into the great American wilderness on this exciting lodge-based whitewater rafting trip on the Rogue River!
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Rogue River Rafting Adventure for Women
- What’s Included in your Whitewater Rafting Women’s Trip
- Where You Stay While in Oregon
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Medford, Oregon
- Detailed Itinerary: Rogue River Rafting Tour for Women
- Whitewater raft for four days on the Rogue River, one of the original eight rivers in the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- Paddle hard through exciting Class II, III, and IV rapids
- Go on short riverside hikes, swim, and explore historical sites along the Rogue
- Enjoy time with expert whitewater guides who will impress you with their navigation skills and knowledge
- Stay in riverside lodges, enjoying comfortable beds, hot showers, and delicious food
What You'll See and Do
- Historical Sites
- Whitewater Rafting