FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ann-Rebecca Laschever at WEILL
A tour of the secret Serengeti led by the company’s owner
New York – October 20, 2016: AdventureWomen, an adventure travel company run by women for women, is offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for its female travelers to join company owner Judi Wineland on a transformational journey to Tanzania. An expert on the region, Wineland has been programming adventure travel to Tanzania for 35 years. Her hand-crafted itinerary invites women on an 12-day/11-night journey to discover Tanzania’s Secret Serengeti.
“At AdventureWomen, we create opportunities for our female travelers to connect with local communities of strong women around the world,” stated Wineland. “For my first trip as the new owner of AdventureWomen, I want to share the relationships and friendships I have created over the last three decades with the Maasai women in Tanzania.”
Committed to both the land and people of the region, Wineland has spearheaded environmental conversation initiatives in Eastern Serengeti and co-founded Focus on Tanzanian Communities (FOTZC), an organization that supports education, women’s empowerment, health care and other development initiatives in Tanzania. Judi will unveil her off-the-beaten-path itinerary, bringing fellow travelers up close for an immersive insider’s experience.
Highlights of the May 19-31, 2017 Tanzania womens trip itinerary include:
• Witness breathtaking wildlife in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world, encountering lions, leopards, cheetahs, African elephants, giraffes, hippos and more.
• Explore the region’s legendary landscapes and eco-systems with expert-guided expeditions through the Great Rift Valley, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti Plain.
• Accommodation in stunning private tented camps, including two-nights accommodation at Gibbs Farm- voted #2 hotel in Africa and the Middle East in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards.
• Meet the semi-nomadic Maasai people by visiting one of Judi’s friends at her “boma” (a settlement of circular mud homes) and a local school.
• Connect with the trail-blazing Enjipai Women’s Group, a collaborative formed by Maasai women with great entrepreneurial spirit.
Prices start at $6,995 per person, based on double occupancy.
For more information on Judi Wineland’s Secret Serengeti itinerary, please visit: www.adventurewomen.com/adventure-vacation/tanzania-secret-serengeti
For a full list of programs, please visit: www.adventurewomen.com/adventure-vacations.
AdventureWomen® is a pioneer – custom-designing and leading some of the most unique adventure travel tours for active women since 1982. Now under the leadership of Judi Wineland, President of Wineland-Thomson Adventures Inc., and her daughters Erica Landerson and Nicole Wineland-Thomson Quinones, AdventureWomen explores new frontiers for women and travel. Their adventure vacations continue to delight and inspire women traveling solo, or with family and friends. With programs in over 21 countries, AdventureWomen invites women to physically and mentally challenge themselves while exploring the world.
Ann-Rebecca Laschever at WEILL