Call to join the waitlist! Join AdventureWomen in June 2017 on Alaska: A Bear Viewing and Wilderness Odyssey in the Kenai Peninsula in South Central Alaska, an Alaska adventure tour deep into grizzly bear territory where most don't have the opportunity to venture.
An Alaska adventure vacation to rival none, this bear watching, whale watching, glacier and wildlife cruise, rafting float trip and wilderness odyssey (with only 12 fellow travelers) gives you an insider's glimpse of Alaska, America's "last great place." This AdventureWomen outdoor adventure is truly a nature aficionado's and a wildlife and landscape photographer's dream trip to Alaska. And it all and takes place in June, at the peak of Alaska’s “midnight sun,” in America's Last Frontier.
Have you seen the Disneynature movie “Bears”? A lot of that movie was filmed in the meadows from our Bear Camp!
Your Alaska playground is the Kenai Peninsula, including Kenai Fjords National Park and Wildlife Refuge and Resurrection Bay, which encompass hundreds of square miles of Alaskan mountains, fjords, and forested valleys. Discover this unique state's scenic treasures - mountain meadows, hidden lakes, rolling forests, whispering streams, and sparkling blue glaciers - all of them teeming with rare species of Alaska wildlife.
During your action-packed eight days in Alaska you will enjoy the company of expert Alaskan wildlife guides. Spend relaxing nights under Alaska’s “midnight sun” in a Kenai Peninsula lodge and comfortable bear viewing camps, and gain a true appreciation and knowledge of Alaska's authenticity, prolific wildlife, and awesome scenic beauty.
A highlight of this Alaska adventure tour is the flightseeing tour by private bush plane over Kenai Fjords National Park, transporting you to a spectacular Alaska Bear Camp for prime viewing of grizzlies (Alaska brown bears), cavorting in their natural habitat. Your remote Alaska bear viewing camp is located on the shores of Lake Clark National Park in rugged Alaskan wilderness. Custom "weather ports" are your home for two nights, and you have unlimited opportunities to view and photograph brown bears (also known as "grizzly bears") and their cubs, just emerging from their winter dens to feed on the succulent saltwater and sedge grasses found around the Bear Camp.
Enjoy some scenes from our Alaska Bear Viewing & Wildlife Safari adventure from 2014. A sneak peak at what experiences await you in 2017! Turn up your sound!
View this video filmed on our 2014 Alaska bear viewing adventure featuring Shiniqua, a beautiful four year old female Alaskan brown bear, one of the stars at your remote Bear Camp.
And bear viewing is just the beginning of your Alaska adventure! Later, enjoy an easy rafting float trip down the turquoise clear waters of Alaska's Kenai River, then take a wildlife cruise into Resurrection Bay in the incomparable Kenai Fjords National Park for whale watching and views of seacoast birds and marine life. Hike up to a glacier and explore the Alaskan communities of Homer and Kachemark Bay. This Alaska adventure vacation is the perfect way to discover Alaska, "the greatland," the 49th and largest state.
- A flightseeing tour by bush plane to an Alaska Bear Camp, named "Best Bush Camp" by Outside Magazine, to experience 2 nights and 2 spectacular days of Alaska bear viewing.
- Enjoy a rafting float trip on the Kenai River through Alaska's scenic Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.
- Take a wildlife cruise into Resurrection Bay from Seward, Alaska, in Kenai Fjords National Park for whale watching to view humpbacks and orcas, and see puffins, sea lions, otters, and sea birds.
- View stunning Alaskan glaciers and mountains.
- Explore the charming seaside town and artist community of Homer, AK and Kachemark Bay, "Where the Land Ends and the Sea Begins."
- Spend 4 nights at the beautifully located Alaska Adventure Lodge, at the confluence of the Moose and Kenai Rivers with vistas of the Kenai and Chugach Mountains and the Harding Icefield.
What You'll See and Do
- Bear Viewing
- Whitewater Raft/Float
- Wildlife Cruise