At AdventureWomen, we tend to spend more money on experiences rather than on things.
So we thought we would compile some of our favorite non-traditional holiday gift ideas for women adventure travelers that we thought might inspire you as you look for new and different ways to connect with your friends and family.
In the course of our travels, we often want to give back to the places we visit. This could mean supporting organizations that focus on environmental conservation, protecting endangered animals, or supporting women in the communities we visit, among others. We also want to cherish our planet and our memories of places we have been and share them with our friends and family. Take a look. We hope these might give you some creative ideas!
Make A Donation to a Nonprofit You Care About
- How about supporting a charity promoting women’s empowerment such as Focus on Tanzanian Communities?
- Or perhaps you’re passionate about environmental conservation. Consider the Nature Conservancy.
- We all are mindful of the need to protect wildlife which is increasingly endangered due to economic development and climate change: Consider the World Wildlife Fund: WWF or the African Wildlife Fund: AWF
- GiveWell is a site that finds outstanding giving opportunities and publishes reviews about nonprofit organizations across many causes you may care about.
- At Heifer International, you can support training local cultures in sustainable farming, empowering women, economic development, and more. You can even donate an animal to a family in need.
- Room to Read is a wonderful non-profit supporting girls’ education.
Do Your Part Around Climate Change
- Maybe your friend or family member would be touched by a carbon offset for airline travel: Sustainable Travel International offers ways to offset travel in multiple ways.
- How about planting a tree to combat climate change?
Give the Gift of Meditation
- Your friend (or you) might really love a guided meditation session. A subscription to HeadSpace, a meditation and mindfulness app could be the unique gift they would appreciate and enjoy year round!
Honor Travel Stories Which You Created
- Make a desk calendar with trip photos for your friends, or a mousepad, or a mug on Shutterfly.
- Turn your favorite AdventureWomen trip photos into affordable wall art with Mixtiles. We love that you can rearrange them on your wall as often as you want!
What non-traditional holiday gift ideas speak to you? Let us know on Facebook!