Explore the breathtaking beauty and wildlife of Yellowstone National Park on this active, seven-day winter vacation in February 2019 in one of America’s greatest natural treasures.
Begin in the Yellowstone National Park’s Lamar Valley, where you might catch a glimpse of the majestic wolves, bison, and elk that call Yellowstone home. Travel on foot to the otherworldly terraced pools of Mammoth Hot Springs, built up over thousands of years.
The next day, scenic vistas will abound as you wind your way along the Gallatin River (the setting for much of A River Runs Through It) on your way to Big Sky. An afternoon hike along snowy trails takes you to the spectacular Ouzel Falls, covered in a sparkling crystalline rime during the winter season—make sure to snap a picture with some of your travel companions there! End the day with a sleigh ride beneath the starry skies of Montana. You’ll be bundled warm against the nighttime chill, serenaded by the jingling harnesses of the Percheron draft horses. You and your adventurous travel companions will unwind and share stories over the comforts of hearty food and warm spiced cider.
A visit to a remote corner of the Yellowstone National Park ecosystem provides another opportunity to marvel at the silent beauties of winter as you snowshoe along the banks of a large creek. Rest up on a private guided snowcoach tour to Yellowstone’s best-known site: Old Faithful. Catch glimpses of winter wildlife on your way to the famous geyser, where steaming pools glisten like diamonds in the wintry sun. You’ll cap off your adventure with dogsledding across the snowy plains where you’ll drive your own team of huskies. Bond with these magnificent animals, enjoy plenty of photo opportunities with the friends you’ve made on your trip, and even try your hand at guiding the sled (with help from your expert guide) on your thrilling ten-mile journey.
This awe-inspiring journey in February 2019 through the unspoiled winter landscapes of iconic Yellowstone National Park in Montana is sure to stay with you year round!
- Itinerary for Yellowstone National Park Vacation in Winter
- What’s Included in your Yellowstone Womens’ Trip
- Where You Stay For Your Yellowstone National Park Adventure
- What to Pack and Bring on your winter vacation to Yellowstone National Park
- Traveling to Bozeman, Montana: Map & Travel Tips
- Yellowstone Winter Vacation: Adventure Tour Details
Our Yellowstone Winter Wonderland adventure begins the day after our Montana Big Sky Womens’ Ski Clinic ends. Stay in Bozeman for both of these trips, have a day in between to catch your breath, and experience the best of what the Bozeman and Yellowstone areas have to offer! You buy only one plane ticket for two vacations!
Need more incentive? Read our latest guest reviews of our 2017 Yellowstone Winter trip with AdventureWomen!
- Discover snow-covered landscapes dotted with wildlife on snowshoes
- Experience the thrill of driving your own dogsled team
- Experience natural winter wonders that exist in no other place on earth
- Glide beneath a star-dotted Montana sky on a sleigh ride
- Snowcoach into the Park to observe wolves, bison, elk, coyotes, and more!
What You'll See and Do
- Dog Sledding
- Natural History
- Sleigh Ride
- Snowcoach Tour
- UNESCO Site
- Wildlife Viewing