Experience Vietnam’s vibrant past and present on this 11-day cultural adventure in February 2019 from North to South, through some of the country’s most historic, evocative, and colorful locales.
You’ll begin in Northern Vietnam, in Hanoi, where a guided walking tour will take you through the narrow, vibrant streets of the historic French Colonial Quarter and past Ho Chi Minh’s imposing mausoleum. You and the other adventurous women on the trip are sure to be impressed when you meet the founder of the Cúc Handmade Project, a fashion textile designer which helps Thai women earn a living wage. Dinner at a lively, local Vietnamese restaurant will be a treat for all your senses. The next day, a biking tour around Hanoi offers you more opportunities to uncover unique neighborhood highlights, like the water puppet theater. A homemade Vietnamese dinner accompanied by traditional music adds true local flavor.
Next, head to the water for three days of private boat cruising along the shores of North Vietnam. Kayak with one of the new friends on your trip around Cap La Island (where you’ll catch glimpses of the traditional fishing village that clings to its shores) and through the picturesque hidden lagoons near Cong Dam. You’ll explore coastal caves on foot and by kayak, and even row through a Vietnamese floating village, visiting a school that bobs atop the water.
Traveling south, you explore Hue in Central Vietnam, where you’ll visit the Imperial City, a colorful traditional walled estate with quarters for the Empress, the Emperor’s mother, and the Emperor’s concubines. At Khai Dinh’s Tomb you’ll marvel at the silent soldier statues keeping guard over the remains of the last emperor of Vietnam. You’ll finish your journey in glorious Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City), where you’ll visit the stately Reunification Palace and the soaring spires of the Notre-Dame Basilica. A private chauffeured motorbike tour through the city will give you a taste of its lively life – literally. You’ll enjoy a variety of street food along the way, and see which of your travel companions has the most adventurous palate!
Wrap up your Vietnam trip in Southern Vietnam with a boat tour showcasing the thriving river-based economy within the Mekong Delta. Marvel at the hidden forests of mangrove thronging the shoreline, and enjoy bird and wildlife viewing on your hike through the Mekong’s jungle to a local crocodile reserve.
This in-depth Vietnamese adventure in February 2019, by boat, bike, and foot, will bring you in touch with authentic Vietnam today, enhanced by appreciation of its history from yesterday.
- Vietnamese Adventure Vacation: Day-by-Day Itinerary
- What’s Included on your Adventure Travel Trip to Vietnam
- Where You’ll Stay in Vietnam
- What to Pack for your Vietnamese Holiday
- Travel Tips & Information for Traveling to Hanoi & From Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Vietnam Adventure Travel Trip: Detailed Itinerary
- Pedal your bike along the narrow streets of Hanoi and enjoy lunch in a local home
- Visit the Cuc Handmade project, a local organization helping Thai women earn a living wage in Vietnam
- Cruise and kayak in Ha Long Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay
- Dive into the flavors of Vietnam during a morning cooking class
- Discover the biodiversity of the Mekong Delta in the Can Goi UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
What You'll See and Do
- Boat Cruise
- Cooking Class
- Cultural Exploration
- Historical Sites
- Local Delicacies
- UNESCO Site
- Wildlife Viewing
- Women-To-Women Exchanges