Explore Utah’s Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks in AdventureWomen style! Try canyoneering and hike among hoodoos through this iconic landscape, all while enjoying comfortable ranch living to round out each active and adventurous day.
Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks are two of Mother Nature’s greatest marvels, their gigantic canyons and erosion-carved forms layered in ribbons of red, yellow, and white. Begin at the 4,000-acre Zion Ponderosa Ranch. Over a tasty welcome dinner, get to know your Utah-based guides and fellow AdventureWomen travelers joining you to explore Utah’s canyon country. You are also accompanied by an AdventureWomen Ambassador, committed to helping make your experience a fun and personally rewarding adventure, and cheering you on as you reach beyond your comfort zone to take on new challenges in your own unique way! Then settle into your single room in one of the ranch’s comfortable vacation homes.
Zion National Park
For your first full day in Utah, survey America’s big, beautiful backyard with the sweeping scenery during a 3-mile roundtrip hike. After hiking, stop in the historic ghost town of Grafton, which you may have seen in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Next, you’ll have some time on your own for shopping and walking around Springdale before you head back to the ranch.
The next day treats you to a choice between two spectacular morning hikes within Zion. You’ll have the opportunity to hike either part of the Emerald Pools or a portion of Angel’s Landing. Afterward, head to Zion Narrows, a deep slot canyon, where you will be wading portions of the Virgin River to reach wild hanging gardens and walk among the arcing walls. The following day, wake early for a hike to see the sunrise. Later in the day, try your hand at rock climbing and ziplining.
For a true visual feast, on day five spend your time hiking down into sun-baked Bryce Canyon and around its spiky sea of multi-colored vertical sandstone hoodoos.
Saving the very best for last, harness up and join your friends and professional guides for the heart-pumping thrill of canyoneering! Whether you’ve never tried it before or you’re an “old hand,” this activity is suitable for everyone. Feed out the ropes as you descend step by step along steep red sandstone walls to land safely far down below. It might seem scary before you step out over the cliff, but by the time you reach the canyon floor, canyoneering might be your favorite sport!
Your week concludes with a spectacular farewell dinner to match a spectacular week. Wish each other a bon voyage, appreciating the camaraderie, the moxie, and the shared laughs that will be recounted and remembered often in the years to come.
- Day-by-Day Itinerary
- What’s Included in your women’s active adventure vacation to Utah
- Where You Stay While hiking, riding and exploring the rivers, mountains, and canyons of Utah
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Zion and Bryce in Utah
- Detailed Itinerary September 24, 2022:Utah: Zion & Bryce Multisport Adventure
- Detailed Itinerary October 1, 2022: Utah: Zion & Bryce Multisport Adventure
- Hike in the beautiful expanse of Zion National Park
- Try canyoneering for the first time, seeing the area from a different angle
- Explore your surroundings during a Sunset Jeep tour
- Explore Bryce Canyon National Park on foot
- Hike in the narrows of Zion National Park and climb to the top of Angels Landing
- Stay in houses on a ranch with all single rooms and en-suite bathrooms
What You'll See and Do
- Horseback Riding
- National Parks