You’ve probably dreamed of going on safari since you were a little girl. Exploring Tanzania with AdventureWomen is the perfect choice for a first-time safari, where you’ll get to stay in custom-designed glamping tents, travel with expert naturalist guides, immerse yourself in local culture, and best of all, see more African wildlife than you could have imagined!
Begin your Tanzania adventure with a scenic flight to the Eastern Serengeti Ecosystem, where you’ll meet your Tanzanian guides, experts in wildlife spotting and behavior, and the driver of your customized, four-wheel-drive Land Rover Defender, complete with a pop-top roof for wildlife viewing and a window seat for each of you. You are also accompanied by an AdventureWomen Ambassador, committed to helping make your experience a fun and personally rewarding adventure, and cheering you on as you reach beyond your comfort zone to take on new challenges in your own unique way! Head to camp where you’ll enjoy an exciting stay in an airy and beautiful tent, or nyumba (Swahili for “home”), perfectly placed to allow better views of passing giraffes and unique birdlife. The rustic comforts of your nyumba, including en-suite bathrooms, fine linens, and full-service camp offer the quintessential bush safari experience.
For centuries, the nomadic Maasai people have made the lands outside of the Serengeti their home. Learn firsthand about their culture by visiting them in a boma, their traditional homes, to meet Maasai women living there. A group of women will also visit you at camp for a women-only meeting. The topic for this discussion will be chosen prior to your trip, but this is a unique opportunity to learn about their very different lives: raising kids in the remote villages, being one of multiple wives, their traditional, gender-defined domestic roles, and becoming entrepreneurs. These unforgettable women and their stories will surely be highlights of the trip.
Friendships grow day to day through shared experiences with your fellow safari adventurers. Walk and talk on a morning wildlife hike while you each point out different discoveries such as silver-backed jackals and grazing impala, and learn tracking techniques together. See which of your new AdventureWomen friends has the sharpest eyes on a very special night drive as you watch for nocturnal aardvarks, porcupines, and spring hares.
As you drive through the majestic Serengeti National Park, quietly observe zebras, lions, elephants, and cheetah as they wander these iconic plains. You’ll enjoy three days of the best wildlife viewing on earth, including sightings of the Great Migration that involves over 2 million adult and juvenile wildebeest and other grazing mammals. An optional sunrise hot-air balloon ride will offer breathtaking views of the Serengeti and an elegant full breakfast with a champagne toast right in the bush when you land.
End your journey in the Ngorongoro Highlands, a lush hilly region of Tanzania that holds the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater. Visit the crater floor, a self-contained ecosystem that holds over 30,000 unique animals, including all of the Big Five. Because they have poor eyesight, rhinos tend to be bashful, but if you’re lucky you’ll catch a glimpse of one of these endangered mammals. Gourmet meals and stunning accommodations at award-winning Gibb’s Farm are a perfect way to unwind after an adventure-filled journey.
Experience the joys of glamping in the bush, the magic of sunrise on the Serengeti, and thrilling safari drives into the hills and plains to see Tanzania’s most majestic creatures roaming free!
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Tanzanian adventure tour for women
- What’s Included in your women’s adventure vacation in Africa
- Your Accommodations while wildlife viewing in the Serengeti
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Arusha and the Serengeti, Tanzania
- Detailed Itinerary May: Women’s Safari in the Serengeti, Tanzania
- Detailed Itinerary October: Women’s Safari in the Serengeti, Tanzania
- Watch the Serengeti’s Great Migration of wildebeest, zebra, and other grazing wildlife
- Experience wildlife viewing drives in Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater to spot Africa’s Big Five, colorful birdlife, and dozens of species of African animals
- Get to know talented naturalist wildlife guides and learn about wildlife conservation in Tanzania
- Spend time with Maasai women, learning about what their lives are like in a polygamous society
- Stay in comfortable safari camps falling asleep to wildlife calls, then enjoy classic farm-to-table cuisine at Gibb’s Farm
What You'll See and Do
- Cultural Exploration
- Local Delicacies
- National Parks
- Natural History
- Wildlife Safari
- Wildlife Viewing
- Women-To-Women Exchanges