Join us in Patagonia on an iconic adventure in Argentina and Chile to experience the exhilaration of hiking across glaciers and the steep Cerro Ferrier in Torres del Paine, watching blue-tinted glaciers calve into the sea and feel the lively urban energy of Santiago in October 2020!
The excitement begins in Argentina’s beautiful city of Buenos Aires. Meet and get to know your new travel companions over a wonderful welcome dinner then sing ¡adios! to the city and fly to the Patagonian wilderness of Los Glaciares National Park. Enjoy three days of spirited adventures at Nibepo Aike Estancia, a working ranch and farm of pure rustic charm on the sweeping green Patagonia Steppe. Hike or bike the surrounding hills, ride horses around glacial Lake Argentino and even try your hand at some farm work if you like! View the world from on top of a glacier as you hike an exhilarating circuit across a glacier near Perito Moreno. You’ll learn how to use crampons and navigate the ice crevasses, glacial lagoons, and gullies, while also watching for spectacular wildlife like the Chilean flamingo and Andean condor. Unwind together each evening over freshly prepared meals using the ranch’s own fresh produce and meats.
Head next to Chile and Torres del Paine National Park for three nights at our home base of geodesic domes tucked in among the towering three granite peaks of the Paine mountain range or Paine Massif including Torres d’Agostini, Torres Central and Torres Monzino. Get close to the thundering Salto Grande waterfalls, then hike the challenging Cerro Ferrier and its magical Magellanic Forest. Watch for Huemul deer as you ascend toward a bald rock overlook yielding scintillating views that include the radiant blue Grey Glacier. You can also explore this pristine park by bike or kayak, and track pumas with a wildlife expert! Together, you Patagonia adventurers will make the kinds of memories none of you will soon forget.
From Torres del Paine, fly to Santiago, Chile’s dynamic capital, where you’ll discover thriving modern arts, Chilean culture, and the city’s trendy food scene – a sharp contrast to your wilderness experience! A visit to the Cerro San Cristobal Hill offers panoramic views of the entire city; make sure to snap some photos with your new AdventureWomen friends! In Casablanca Valley, you’ll visit the area’s best boutique wineries to taste the unique “terroir”, a wine varietal the region’s vintners prize so highly. A lovely Chilean dinner with your fellow travelers is a perfect capstone to all the unforgettable experiences you’ve shared in Patagonia.
From the soaring Andes and growling blue glaciers to Santiago’s premiere wineries, this adventure in Patagonia allows you to sample the beautiful diversity of both Argentina and Chile (and if you believe the legend behind the name El Calafate, we know you’ll return again one day)!
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Torres Del Paine Patagonia Hiking Trip for Women
- What’s Included in your Patagonia Adventure in Argentina and Chile
- Your Accommodations While Exploring Patagonia
- What to Pack & Bring on your Adventure to Argentina and Chile
- Traveling to Buenos Aires, Argentina – Departing Santiago, Chile
- Detailed Itinerary APRIL Departure: Torres Del Paine Patagonia Hiking Adventure
- Detailed Itinerary SEPTEMBER Departure: Torres Del Paine Patagonia Hiking Vacation
- Enjoy hiking, biking, horseback riding, glacier trekking, and wildlife spotting in Patagonia’s top two National Parks
- Photograph stunning landscapes of snow-capped peaks, turquoise waters, glacier landscapes, waterfalls, and forests
- Stay at a working Argentine guest ranch and learn the lifestyle of Argentine gauchos in Los Glaciares National Park
- Catch the vibe of Santiago as you wine-taste, tour art galleries, and indulge in the the latest Chilean cuisine
What You'll See and Do
- Cultural Exploration
- Horseback Riding
- Local Delicacies
- National Parks
- Spa Element
- UNESCO Site
- Wildlife Viewing
- Wine Tasting
- Women-To-Women Exchanges