Experience the splendor of the Himalayan Mountains in Fall 2020 on a high-energy but low-altitude trekking tour in Nepal with river rafting and wildlife safaris and a unique opportunity to experience Nepal’s many cultural treasures from its temples to its artisans!
Meet the women with whom you’ll be adventuring in Kathmandu then fly straight to Pokhara, the capital of western Nepal, to begin trekking beneath the sharp peaks and vertiginous valleys of the Annapurna Mountains. Get to know your fellow adventurers on a phenomenal hike of the lower Himalayan foothills, trekking to 7,500 feet before dropping into the Modi River Valley. A challenging full-day of hiking follows as you climb upward passing terraced farms, thick forests, and picturesque hamlets on your way to Ghandruk. This wonderful Nepalese village is built high on a mountainside and features precipitous drops, picturesque stone walkways winding between homes, and fabulous views of the surrounding Annapurna peaks. Join your fellow trekers to walk to its beautiful temple or meet Ghandruk’s female weavers who create traditional Nepalese rugs.
Absorb the peace and energy of the snow-capped Himalayas on your hike to Birethanti. From this resting point, enjoy down time with your AdventureWomen companions. Meander ancient stone paths and stairways alongside passing load-laden donkeys, walk beside a milky blue river, or hike to a nearby waterfall. To reach picturesque Majgaun, cross a swaying cable bridge and trek up a series of paved steps and switchbacks, then set back out for Pokhara where you repack carefully because tomorrow your Nepal hiking adventure moves to the water!
River rafting on a float trip on the pristine Seti River is a gentle ride that allows you to watch pastoral villages and stunning scenery float by. Stop for one day at a river camp to eat and rest, and you may also hike to one of the nearby local villages to see Nepalese culture truly untouched by tourism, a favorite of many Adventure Women.
A spectacular two-day wildlife safari by canoe and jeep through Chitwan National Park will be a highlight of your adventure in Nepal. This remote jungle has a wide variety of monkey, deer, and crocodile species and is also the habitat of the rare Royal Bengal Tiger and Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros. Sightings of these elusive creatures are also few, but if you remain quiet and alert, you just might be the lucky woman who spots one! The birdsong and scents of nature will surround and enchant you.
End your journey in Kathmandu, where you’ll have a chance to explore the city or “flightsee” Mount Everest’s infamous peak.
For women who crave a unique Himalayan experience, this low-altitude trekking tour in Nepal with cultural opportunities to meet local artisans and villagers, river rafting and wildlife safaris provides momentous thrills and spectacular moments every adventurer will love!
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Nepal “Low Altitude” Trekking Tour in the Himalayas
- What’s Included in your Nepal Hiking Tour for Women
- Accommodations on your Nepal Low-Altitude Trek
- Traveling to Kathmandu, Nepal: Tips and Information
- What to Pack for a Nepal Hiking Vacation
- Detailed Itinerary October: Nepal Low-Altitude Hiking in the Himalayas
- Detailed Itinerary November: Nepal Low-Altitude Hiking in the Himalayas
- Experience the exotic culture of Nepal and meet artisans and local villagers making their living in Nepalese villages
- Trek to the heights of the Himalaya Mountains on a low altitude route allowing for maximum gain but spectacular views
- Travel back in time as you raft the Seti River through Nepal’s pastoral countryside
- Paddle through Chitwan National Park on a wildlife safari
What You'll See and Do
- Cultural Exploration
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing
- Women-To-Women Exchanges