Trek above the clouds with a wonderful group of women to reach Everest Base Camp in Nepal’s majestic Himalayan Mountains! Work together to reach 17,598’, where you will celebrate your amazing accomplishment with your new AdventureWomen family.
Join AdventureWomen in Nepal for an incredible high-altitude trek to the Base Camp of Mount Everest, ascending 8,215 vertical feet over eight days along challenging terrain! Inspiring you to press on are the gorgeous knife-edged peaks. Among them Cholatse, Lobuche, Pumore, and Nuptse, four of the highest in the world. Friendly villagers and mountaineers you meet along the way will nourish your spirit and body momentarily, while the friendships formed with your hiking companions will sustain you all the way.
Meet your fellow AdventureWomen travelers and guide in Kathmandu. During the next two days, get to know them over a welcome dinner, touring the city’s many shrines, and learning how deeply rooted the region is in spiritual faith, particularly Tibetan Buddhism. You have a chance to check gear and get briefed on the exciting trek ahead. As always, you are accompanied by an AdventureWomen Ambassador. Committed to helping make your experience a fun and personally rewarding adventure, she is cheering you on as you reach beyond your comfort zone and take on this amazing physical and mental challenge.
With cameras at hand, depart by helicopter for the Khumbu region. Flying over the breathtaking waves of colossal mountains, craggy peaks and blade-sharp ridges pierce the sky and clouds. Land in Lukla to organize supplies and meet the wonderful Sherpas who’ll be guiding you into the higher elevations. Overnight accommodations along the way will be in friendly tea houses which also serve hot, filling meals when you’ve arrived ravenous from a day on the trail. From Lukla, set out for Phakding along the Dudh Koshi, a river known for extreme rapids and milky glacial meltwater. Following a pace for controlled altitude acclimatization, cross mountain villages and suspension bridges on a six-hour trek to reach Namche at 11,286’. Take two days’ rest here with a few easy walks as you acclimatize, including a short hike for a very motivating look at Mount Everest! Follow the rocky, hard-packed trail lined with carved mani stones to the Tengboche monastery where the exquisite Ama Dablam mountain (22,349’) towers above all. From Dingboche, you and your trail sisters make the final push to camp.
At Base Camp, navigate the prayer flags and cairns to tap the survey monument marking your achievement at 17,598′, and gather for epic group photos! Let the majesty and power of Mount Everest soak in before you begin your descent, stopping for a restorative sleep at Gorakshep and an optional trek to Kala Patthar where, at 18,519’, you’ll get the very best view of Mount Everest and an exquisite panorama of the range that includes Nuptse. Relax on a four-day return route to Lukla – you’ve done the hardest part! Here, you’ll celebrate with the Sherpas that led you all the way, then head back to Kathmandu by helicopter for a final city tour and heartwarming farewell dinner. Over the delicious meal, new friendships will be sealed, photos shared, and perhaps a promise or two to hike Nepal together again one day!
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Women’s Trek from Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp
- What’s Included in your Nepal adventure trip
- Where You Stay While hiking through the Himalayas with fellow adventure women
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Kathmandu and Everest in Nepal
- Detailed Itinerary April 12, 2022 Nepal: Trekking to Everest Base Camp for women
- Detailed Itinerary October 20, 2022 Nepal: Trekking to Everest Base Camp for women
- Explore the shrines and vibrant markets of Kathmandu
- Experience panoramic views on your breathtaking helicopter flight to Lukla, the gateway to the world’s highest mountain
- Traverse mountain passes on narrow suspension bridges, including the Hillary Bridge, in the foothills around Everest
- Hike to the Tengboche Monastery to meet Tibetan Buddhist monks
- Celebrate your trekking triumph when you arrive at Everest Base Camp
What You'll See and Do
- Historical Sites
- Natural History