Images of Nepal, its towering mountains and verdant valleys, its ancient cities, villages and exotic peoples, fascinate the world. Through the years AdventureWomen has developed a low altitude, comfortable, and less physically challenging Nepal trekking tour (at 7,500 feet instead of 14,000 feet!) just perfect for women who wish to experience the splendor of the Himalayas and explore this ancient culture.
Our trekking trip in Nepal’s Himalaya Mountains is lodge-based (instead of a camping trek), which allows for an easier pace and produces less impact on trails from porters and pack animals. The Nepalese lodges we stay in are of modern construction in traditional style. All have private rooms and en-suite bathrooms, and offer excellent local food.
The Himalayas of central Nepal are dominated by the gigantic Annapurna Range, consisting of Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Machapuchare, Lamjung, and Hiunchuli. Together they form one of the most dramatic and scenic spans of peaks found anywhere in the world. Challenging and diverse trekking experiences abound in these immense mountains. Classic routes and ancient passes carry trekkers over the shoulders of the great peaks. From Kathmandu, we fly to Pokhara for the beginning of our trek in the foothills of the great Annapurna massif. Trekking averages approximately 5 to 7 miles per day.
We also enjoy two days of rafting and relaxing on the beautiful Seti River, with two nights at the Seti River Camp in luxurious safari-style tents with fabulous views of the river. This peaceful, yet energetic and fun time on the water is a wonderful way to transition between our Himalayan trek and the next exciting part of our adventure to the Terai region of Nepal and Royal Chitwan National Park. Located in South Central Nepal, Royal Chitwan is Nepal’s oldest National Park and home to the beautiful Machan Wildlife Resort. Here we stay for a two-day visit and safari by elephant back into the world’s best habitat for viewing the Bengal Tiger!
Next, we travel back to Kathmandu for two nights of exploring and shopping in this extraordinary city of carved rose-brick temples and shrines. The city reflects a diverse and complex system of religious beliefs, with Hinduism and Buddhism intermingled in Nepal in a way that is often impossible for visitors to understand. However, the gentle aura of Buddhism—which is not so much a religion, but a philosophy, a way of life, and a code of morality—pervades the city. From ancient Buddhist stupas (temples) and monasteries, Buddha’s eyes look out in four directions, colorful prayer flags cast their mantras into the breeze, and pilgrims walk clockwise around the stupa while spinning prayer wheels set around its base. Throughout our time in Nepal, you gain a better understanding of the diverse mix of cultures and ethnic groups that make up this fascinating country.
October-November, the start of the dry season, is in many ways the best time of year to visit Nepal. The weather is balmy, the air is clean, visibility is perfect, and the country is lush following the monsoon.
Join AdventureWomen® in 2014 on this amazing journey, where you can have it all on this 16 day odyssey in ancient and exquisite Nepal!
- Nepal Trekking Trip Itinerary
- What’s Included in your Nepal Adventure Travel Trip
- What to Pack and Bring on your Nepal Vacation
- Traveling to Nepal: Map & Travel Tips
- Nepal Adventure Tour Trip Details
- Experience Nepal hiking amidst the splendor of the Himalayas and the Nepalese ancient culture on a low-altitude (7,500 feet) Nepal trekking vacation in the spectacular Annapurna region, with porters to carry your gear.
- Enjoy wildlife viewing and 2 nights in Royal Chitwan National Park. Safari by elephant into the world’s best habitat for viewing the Bengal Tiger!
- Raft the beautiful Seti River and stay in luxurious safari-style tents at the Seti River Camp.
- Take an optional scenic flightseeing tour around Mount Everest.
- Stay in comfortable traditional-style lodges on trek, with solar-heated showers, flush toilets, and electricity.
- Explore Kathmandu’s ancient city of Bhaktapur and the Buddhist Temple Complex of Boudhanath.
What You'll See and Do!Cultural Exploration, Cultural Performances, Elephant Conservation Camp, Elephant Riding, Flightseeing, Natural History, Photography, Sightseeing, Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, Wildlife Viewing
What You'll See and Do
- Cultural Exploration
- Cultural Performances
- Elephant Conservation Camp
- Natural History
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing