Experience Morocco in 2020 as only an Adventure Woman can! On this spirited 14-day cultural journey in Northern Africa, explore Morocco’s traditions, visit mountain villages, local markets, discover its diverse landscapes, taste tantalizing Moroccan cuisine, then travel by camel to a secluded desert camp!
On this AdventureWomen cultural tour in Morocco, you’ll enjoy the warmth of boundless sun and sand while experiencing the kaleidoscope of colors, sights, and sounds found throughout this celebrated kingdom. Upon entering Rabat, Morocco’s walled capital, you’ll immediately encounter icons of antiquity situated right alongside elements of 21st century modernity: whitewashed walls, sculptural keyhole arches, and zellij mosaics in contrast with the pristine, palm-lined urban center. Walking from the Kasbah Oudaya, a fortified city inside Rabat with hip cafés and gardens, stand before the tallest minaret in the world, Hassan Tower. Nearby, you’ll visit the Mausoleum of Mohammed V, resting place of kings.
Breaking bread brings everyone together in Morocco so you and your travelling companions will share a meal with a local Moroccan family while in the “blue city” of Chefchaouen. Afterwards, you’ll tour a djellaba workshop and meet the medina’s friendly local artists. Then, since you’re an Adventure Woman, you’ll hike up one of the surrounding hills for a stunning panoramic view!
From Volubilis, do as the Romans once did: fortify yourself with local wine at Meknes. Then pass through 1,000 years of history over the next two days and enter Fes, one of the best preserved medieval Islamic cities in the world. Here, learn centuries-old Moroccan methods of tanning and dying leather outdoors. (Ask what they use to cure the hides.) Head south to Sefrou for a morning with the women of an artists’ cooperative then continue your travels while watching the changing colors, landscape, architecture, and vegetation on this vibrant cross-country journey.
At Erfoud, a luxury tented camp experience in the Sahara awaits, nestled in the dunes of Erg Chebbi. Take this evening to fully unwind together; compare travel notes, stories, and laughs with your companions, and relax together in this peaceful getaway, then ride colorfully festooned camels across the rippling sands to catch a luminous sunset; return to dine under the stars. Rise early to witness a desert sunrise over the dunes of Merzouga then head to explore Todgha Gorge in the High Atlas Mountains; listen for camel herds approaching!
At Ouarzazate and the Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), feel the light and landscape beloved by filmmakers. Enjoy a morning hike exploring Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains the following day, and then spend the afternoon learning from local women educators.
Complete your incredible journey to Morocco by visiting Marrakesh and its renowned Djemma el-Fna, a massive open air market famous for its snake charmers, myriad entertainers, and vendors of North African goods. Preserving the old while embracing the new, Marrakesh today exemplifies how Arab, pan-African, and European influences blend and permeate all aspects of life. It’s also vast and complex; you’ll appreciate your local expert guide’s wayfinding skills to explore this golden-hued city!
Don’t miss this two-week women’s in-depth cultural exploration to one of the most fascinating destinations ever – Morocco!
- Morocco Womens’ Adventure Tour: Day-by-Day Itinerary
- What’s Included on your Morocco Cultural Tour
- Where You Stay in Morocco: Accommodations
- Travel Tips & Information About Traveling to Casablanca & from Marrakesh, Morocco
- What To Pack & Bring On Your Morocco Womens’ Trip
- Detailed Itinerary for September 2020 Morocco Adventure Tour
- Feel and see the harmony of old and new influences as you travel across Morocco
- Enjoy a luxury tented camping experience in the Sahara, dining under the stars
- Ride a camel out into the desert for a gorgeous sunset over the dunes
- Stroll through Chefchaouen’s blue-painted Old City and medina
- Study the iconic artistic, cultural, and architectural influences of Islam, Europe, and Spain
- Shop the bustling medinas and explore the vast, twisting paths through Fes and Marrakesh
- Tour women-owned artists’ cooperatives, meet their artisans, and learn from local female leaders in education
What You'll See and Do
- Camel Trekking
- Cooking Class
- Cultural Exploration
- Historical Sites
- Local Delicacies
- Spa Element
- Wine Tasting
- Women-To-Women Exchanges