The bustling cultures, religions, and traditions of India will come to life on this March 2019 exploration of the country’s most stunning locales, capped off with the unforgettable Holi Festival of Colors!
Start in Old Delhi, where you’ll visit the beautiful colonnades and domes of the Jama Mosque. Rickshaw through the city to the Khari Baoli spice market, filled with rainbow arrays of aromatic wares. A driving tour in the afternoon takes you past impressive sites, including the President’s Palace. The next day you’ll set out for Agra, where you’ll have the chance to visit the awe-inspiring Taj Mahal at sunset. You’ll bond with your companions as you share a once-in-a-lifetime experience: the incredible architecture of this wonder of the modern world. The next morning, witness the world’s most spectacular mausoleum at sunrise, before heading to the incredible Chand Baori, a multi-level stepwell, like a cross between a coliseum and an M.C. Escher painting.
The vivid red and pink sandstone walls of Jaipur’s Hawa Mahal, or “Palace of Winds,” are almost as breathtaking as the intricate designs on this Mughal architectural masterpiece. Explore the multiple museums of the City Palace complex, including a fascinating armory, with the curious women joining you on your journey. You’ll want to take your time at the Jantar Mantar, the world’s largest sundial!
In Udaipur, you’ll visit the Crystal Palace, a stunning building that holds the world’s largest collection of crystal, with glimmering chairs, beds, and tables, and the Jagdish Temple, a 17th-century Hindu temple still in operation today. Marvel at the stunning carvings of Hindu deities inside, and the intricate stonework on the multi-level pyramidal structure. A relaxing sunset boat cruise will give you glimpses of Udaipur from the water.
After artisan-taught classes where you can try your hand in sari tying and henna painting, you’ll witness the Holika Dahanceremony. Songs and dances sung before the massive bonfire bring the heritage of Rajasthan to vibrant life. The following day, you’ll get to “play Holi,” at India’s incredible Festival of Colors. Celebrants of Holi cover themselves and others with vibrant powders. You and your companions will have a chance to laugh, dance, let loose – and of course toss the brilliant powders Holi is known for at one another during your private celebration! A final dinner on the terrace of Shiv Niwas Palace will give you and your new friends a chance to reflect on your incredible experiences spent in India, together.
An unforgettable journey to India filled with wonders from start to finish, this adventure tour to Delhi, Jaipur, and Udaipur in March 2019 is not to be missed!
- Itinerary for your Womens’ Adventure Travel Vacation to India
- What’s Included in our India Cultural Tour
- Where We Stay in India: Accommodations
- What to Pack for your Vacation to India
- Travel Tips for Traveling to Delhi, India
- Detailed Itinerary for your Adventure Tour to India
- Play Holi and become (temporarily) tie-dyed from head to toe! Celebrate the Festival of Colors in the charming city of Udaipur
- Explore the hustle and bustle of Dehli bazaars on a bicycle rickshaw
- Marvel at sunset AND sunrise at the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Take in a show at the Amber fort followed by a special Rajasthani dinner at the Fort’s exclusive restaurant
- Perfect the art of cooking an Indian dish in Jaipur
What You'll See and Do
- Boat Cruising
- Cultural Exploration
- Elephant Interaction
- Historical Sites
- National Parks
- Natural History
- UNESCO Site
- Women-To-Women Exchanges