The bustling cultures, religions, and traditions of India will come to life on this March exploration of the country’s most stunning locales, capped off with the unforgettable Holi Festival of Colors!
Start in Old Delhi, where you’ll drive past impressive sites, including the President’s Palace and India Gate. The next day you’ll set out for Agra, where you’ll have the chance to see the awe-inspiring Taj Mahal at sunset from the gardens of Mehtab Bagh. You’ll bond with your companions as you share a once-in-a-lifetime experience: the incredible architecture of this wonder of the modern world. The next morning, witness the world’s most spectacular mausoleum at sunrise, before heading to the incredible Chand Baori, a multi-level stepwell, like a cross between a coliseum and an M.C. Escher painting.
The vivid red and pink sandstone walls of Jaipur’s Hawa Mahal, or “Palace of Winds,” are almost as breathtaking as the intricate designs on this Mughal architectural masterpiece. Explore the chambers and hallways of Amber Fort on 4×4 Jeeps. You’ll want to take your time at the Jantar Mantar, the world’s largest sundial!
In Udaipur, you’ll visit the Crystal Gallery, a stunning building that holds the world’s largest collection of crystal, with glimmering chairs, beds, and tables, and take in the paintings, mosaics, intricately carved ‘chhatris’ and the architecturally brilliant facade of the City Palace.
Later you’ll witness the Holika Dahan ceremony. Songs and dances sung before the massive bonfire bring the heritage of Rajasthan to vibrant life. The following day, you’ll get to “play Holi,” at India’s incredible Festival of Colors. Celebrants of Holi cover themselves and others with vibrant powders. You and your companions will have a chance to laugh, dance, let loose – and of course toss the brilliant powders Holi is known for at one another during your private celebration! A final dinner on the terrace of Shiv Niwas Palace will give you and your new friends a chance to reflect on your incredible experiences spent in India, together.
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Indian Cultural Adventure for Women
- What’s Included in your Eastern cultural and culinary odyssey in India
- Your Accomodations while celebrating the Festival of Holi, visiting the Taj Mahal, and experiencing Jaipur’s colors and scents
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Dehli, Agar, Jaipur and more in India
- Detailed Itinerary: India cultural immersion for Women
- Play Holi and become (temporarily) tie-dyed from head to toe! Celebrate the Festival of Colors in the charming city of Udaipur
- Explore the hustle and bustle of New Delhi
- Take in a sunset view of Taj Mahal at Mehtab Bagh and marvel at the sunrise on the Taj Mahal grounds
- Enjoy a cooking class in a local home
- Perfect the art of cooking an Indian dish in Jaipur
What You'll See and Do
- Boat Cruise
- Cooking Class
- Cultural Exploration
- Historical Sites
- Local Delicacies
- UNESCO Site
- Women-To-Women Exchanges