This thrilling, seven-day rafting journey in Idaho down the iconic Middle Fork of the Salmon River in late August 2019 is a scenic outdoor camping adventure like no other!
At the beginning of your Middle Fork of the Salmon, Idaho rafting adventure, you’ll have a chance to get to know your future rafting buddies as you take a scenic flight to Indian Creek on the Salmon’s Middle Fork. Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the canyon before experiencing it on the river. The best part is just ahead: the first fifteen miles of the river are filled with fast, steep Class III & IV (intermediate/advanced) rapids. But not to worry if you’ve never rafted before! Beginner rafters are welcome and you can easily learn everything you need to know via a safety talk and paddling tips from your professional rafting guides.
After your instructional session, you and your rafting mates will “put in” and launch your rafts – riverside. You’ll need to work together paddling in sync with the skillful commands of your guides to navigate the narrow channels of the Middle Fork of the Salmon. Once you make it to camp, you’ll have time to hike or fish before a delicious dinner cooked over the campfire. In the evening, you and your new companions can share your favorite moments from the day as you enjoy the warmth of the flickering flames.
The next day, enjoy a soak in the cascading cliffside pools of the Sunflower Flat Hot Springs. Later, marvel at the pictographs that the Tukudeka Native Americans left behind on the canyon walls. You’ll have plenty of fun on today’s rapids. Stargaze in camp with your new friends before letting the river lull you to sleep.
The rapids continue as you pick your way through the Rockies. Keep an eye out for big horn sheep clambering along the impossibly steep slopes, and golden eagles circling overhead. The Haystack Rapid – the river’s most dynamic – marks the head of Impassable Canyon. Walk beneath the falls at Waterfall Creek to cool off from the hot day, and later hike to the base of Veil Falls, where caves filled with stunning pictographs await. Your last day on the water takes you past the hideout of Earl Parrott, an infamous hermit who made his home in the canyon. Enjoy a final meal with the adventurous and intrepid women who shared this rafting journey with you on Idaho’s Salmon before heading home.
Filled with outdoor excitement and physical challenge, this August 2019 Salmon River rafting trip in Idaho is a refreshing and invigorating outdoor adventure like no other!
- Middle Fork Rafting Trip: Day-by-day Itinerary
- What’s Included in your Idaho Rafting Trip for Women
- Your Accommodations While in Idaho
- Traveling to Boise, Idaho
- What to Pack for your Womens’ Rafting Trip
- Detailed Itinerary: Rafting Tour for Women on the Middle Fork Salmon
Never been rafting before? No sweat! Look at how much fun you can have as you watch our Canadian Rockies group brave the whitewater!
- Paddle through more than 100 rapids over this 105-mile stretch of the Salmon River
- Soak in Idaho’s spectacular “River of No Return” wilderness from the raft and your campsites on the river bank
- Hike or fish before enjoying a campfire meal with your AdventureWomen friends
- Conquer the Haystack Rapid, the river’s most dynamic, at the head of Impassable Canyon – Go AdventureWomen!
- Bond with your group over your favorite moments as you gaze at the stunning night sky
What You'll See and Do
- Natural Hot Springs
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing