In a remote corner of northwestern Montana deep in the Rocky Mountains lies an area of unparalleled scenic beauty: Glacier National Park. Recognized as one of the most outstanding wilderness parks in the world, Glacier National Park has truly been touched by a magic hand.
On this AdventureWomen hiking vacation to Glacier National Park, just for women, you will observe bear, bighorn sheep, moose, eagles, and more; cross the border into Canada’s awesome Waterton Glacier International Peace Park; experience superb Montana hiking to Glacier National Park’s Logan Pass and on Highline Trail, visit Grinnell Glacier, get to know wonderful local park guides; stay in comfortable and historic Glacier Park lodges; and try whitewater rafting on Montana’s scenic and exhilarating Flathead River. The vistas seen from our spectacular Red Bus guided ride on the Going-to-the-Sun Road, beautiful as they are, only hint at the riches of this mountain wilderness. Glacier is a hiking “trail park,” with relatively few miles of roads to preserve its primitive and unspoiled beauty.
A lofty landscape for high adventure and the perfect setting for a Montana hiking trip, this scenic destination in the northern Rocky Mountains sends the senses soaring and spirits singing. Aerial mountain ranges combine with sculptured glacial valleys, thundering waterfalls, emerald lakes and colorful alpine meadows, providing prime habitat for prolific Montana wildlife.
When you enter Glacier National Park you will have to set your watch to a different time, a time of mountains carved by prehistoric ice rivers, deep forests, and 50 ancient glaciers. Glacier NP contains outstanding examples of both the evolutionary and geologic processes, and is one of only two sites in the United States where runoff from the mountains drains into three different seas: from the Triple Divide Peak, water drains south into the Gulf of Mexico, north into Hudson Bay, and west into the Pacific Ocean!
This adventure vacation in Glacier National Park combines adventure at its best in some of the country’s most spectacular Rocky Mountain scenery. Join AdventureWomen in 2014 for one of the best hiking in Glacier National Park, and don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Itinerary: Glacier National Park Hiking
- What’s Included in your Glacier National Park Trip
- What to Pack and Bring to Glacier National Park
- Traveling to Glacier National Park in Montana: Map & Travel Tips
- Glacier National Park Hiking: Trip Details
- Stay in the historic Lake McDonald Lodge, Many Glacier Hotel, and Glacier Park Lodge.
- Daily guided hiking in Glacier National Park’s world-class wilderness. Hike among towering mountain peaks, alpine meadows, sapphire glaciers, emerald lakes, wildflowers, and prolific wildlife.
- Travel into Canada’s Waterton International Peace Park, the world’s first peace park.
- Ride the spectacular and world-renowned “Going to the Sun Road” on a guided tour in one of the famous "Jammers," or Red Buses.
- Go white water rafting with experienced guides on the beautiful Middle Fork of the Flathead River.
What You'll See and Do!Birding, Hiking, Natural History, Photography, Whitewater Rafting, Wildlife Viewing
What You'll See and Do
- Natural History
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing