Cruise aboard a private yacht and discover a fascinating world on an active adventure in the magical Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, home to some of the most fantastic and unique wildlife on the planet!
In August 2019, you’ll have a chance to see all the incredible marine and island life unique to the Galapagos Islands from your ocean-view cabin, on a private yacht chartered exclusively for AdventureWomen. Cruise ship amenities like an outdoor Jacuzzi and multiple indoor and outdoor lounges give plenty of chances to relax and get to know the curious women exploring this fascinating land with you.
At Santa Cruz Island, visit the Charles Darwin Station and the Fausto Llerena Breeding Center where wildlife conservationists work to preserve endangered species. You’ll learn about efforts to preserve the fragile Galapagos Island ecosystems and animals, especially the giant tortoises the islands are famous for. Explore the village on Santa Cruz Island with your fellow travelers, where friendly locals sell unique handicrafts and souvenirs. A scenic hike up Dragon Hill offers chances to spot flamingos and a variety of reptiles, as well as the Palo Santo (holy stick tree) Forest, a strange, lush realm that’s home to stunning bird species.
The beautiful volcanic landscapes of Bartolome Island make it a favorite for Galapagos travelers. A hike to Pinnacle Rock offers views over the entire archipelago. You may get some new companions snorkeling near the beach: the penguins swimming just offshore! Rábida is home to hundreds of sea lions. An easy trail hike around this red-beached wonder offers spectacular wildlife sightings, and optional kayaking and snorkeling expeditions will expand your horizons – literally! Santiago Island, where Darwin stayed the longest, has an undulating beauty from the smooth basaltic lava flow that created it. Wander the white sand beaches with a friend and follow in Darwin’s footsteps.
A visit to seahorse-shaped Isabela Island offers one of the best deep-water snorkeling opportunities of your Galapagos Islands cruise. Spot blue-footed boobies, Nazca, and noddies on a dinghy trip along the shore. The “Dragons” of Fernandina – marine iguanas that survive on a diet of algae – are one of the distinct species on this island, notable worldwide for its complete lack of introduced species. Espinosa Point’s jet-black lava formations are a sight like no other. Hike around Urbina Bay and stay on the lookout for the stunning birds native to this volcanic land. Finish your adventure with challenging hikes around Santiago Island’s lava flows. A visit to paradisiacal Bachas Beach, famous as the site of giant turtle nesting, is a beautiful end to an exciting Galapagos voyage.
Filled with adventure and incredible sights, this August 2019 wildlife cruise by private yacht to the Galapagos Islands is a classic, bucket list journey for all Adventure Women!
- Galapagos Island Cruise: Day-by-day Itinerary
- What’s Included in your Galapagos Island Private Cruise
- Your Accommodations On Board our Luxury Yacht
- Traveling to Guayaquil, Ecuador and on to the Galapagos
- What to Pack and Bring on your Womens’ Trip to the Galapagos
- Detailed Itinerary August 17 Departure: Galapagos Islands Cruise
- Detailed Itinerary August 31 Departure: Galapagos Islands Cruise
- Cruise the Galapagos Islands on a private yacht chartered just for AdventureWomen
- Learn about the preservation of the Galapagos Island ecosystems and wildlife on Santa Cruz Island
- Spot flamingos and reptiles during a hike up Dragon Hill
- Snorkel with sea lions from pristine beaches
- Observe blue-footed boobies, the “Dragons” of Fernandina, and maybe even a giant turtle!
What You'll See and Do
- Natural History
- Private Chartered Sailing Yacht
- UNESCO Site
- Wildlife Viewing