Travel with your daughter to Costa Rica and zip-line through lush rain forests, search for sea turtles, ride horses, go rafting, and wake daily to a vibrant chorus of wildlife calls at this exotic tropical jungle paradise!
A mere 117 miles wide east to west, Costa Rica is a spectacular diversity of animals, ecosystems, and plants with over 800 miles of beaches, 12 climate zones and contains more butterflies than the entire continent of Africa. Throughout your Costa Rica adventure, you’ll stay in plush bungalows and jungle lodges while enjoying fresh cuisine of local fruits, seafood, and produce.
In the beautiful capital of San José, gather to meet the other mothers and daughters who’ll venture through Costa Rica with you and take in city sights before the evening’s welcome dinner.
Water will play a vital role in your Costa Rican adventure with your daughter. Grabbing a paddle and navigating your sea kayak, you’ll travel by water along the bayous of Tortuguero National Park. Here, in the “Venice” of the rainforest, explore forested canals and blue lagoons in search of southern river otters, caiman, and other coastal creatures. The next day, raft with your AdventureWomen friends on the Sarapiqui River’s Class II-III (easy to moderate) rapids. Then, horseback ride (or hike) to a 200-foot waterfall where you can swim in its emerald pool. Afterward, drift and relax in the sun, tubing through a canyon, and say “ahhhh” as steamy water tumbles onto your shoulders in Kioro Hot Springs. At the day’s end, you’ll catch uninterrupted views of the majestic Arenal Volcano rising high above the rainforest.
In Guanacaste, walk the dry tropical rainforest and white sand beaches while staying at Rio Perdido. Rio Perdido is a private Costa Rican reserve with sun-filled treehouse bungalows, a thermal river, hanging bridges, and the heart-pumping Canyon Adventure – zip lining through the rainforest! At the Anita Rainforest Ranch, learn about cacao, how to make chocolate, and of course, enjoy a chocolate tasting followed by a Costa Rican cooking class using locally grown, organic produce.
Return to the hotel for a farewell dinner to share reflections and the ways that this adventure in Costa Rica has created lifelong memories for both of you.
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Mother-Daughter Adventure Vacation in Costa Rica
- What’s Included in Your Costa Rica Women’s Trip
- Where You’ll Stay in Costa Rica: Accommodations
- Traveling to San José, Costa Rica and Departing from Liberia, Costa Rica
- What To Pack and Bring on Your Mother-Daughter Women’s Trip to Costa Rica
- Detailed Itinerary: Costa Rica: A Mother-Daughter Adventure June 25, 2022 Departure
- Find some quality time with your daughter sharing adventure from rafting to kayaking, hiking to swimming, horseback riding to zipling!
- Paddle through the waterways of Tortuguero National Park while scoping for marine life
- Learn about the diverse ecosystems and rich wildlife populations of Costa Rica
- Dive into Costa Rican culture as you learn how to make chocolate and Costa Rican cuisine in a cooking class
What You'll See and Do
- Boat Cruising
- Canopy Ziplining
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Springs
- National Parks
- Natural History
- Sea Kayaking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing