Spend seven amazing days enjoying active winter adventures in the Canadian Rockies! Cross-country ski, snowshoe, and bike in Alberta, Canada with other women who share your passion for the great outdoors!
This active winter adventure in the frosty fresh air, audible quiet, and awesome majesty of the Canadian Rockies puts you squarely in touch with the revitalizing forces of nature. Experiencing winter in this very special destination in Canada is a high definition, whole-body experience!
Begin your week by jumping on a fat-tire bike and cruising groomed snow trails through snow-capped trees and fields of white. Women of all fitness levels will love this gorgeous bike ride, with miles of trail options to suit each cyclist’s abilities. Spend the afternoon hiking and taking in the beautiful scenery. The next day, grab your sunglasses for a full day of cross-country skiing in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park. Take a one-hour cross-country skiing lesson then set out with professional guides on trails through the quiet, shaded forests and sun-soaked snowfields. Every skier will find trails that suits her pace, from gentle to challenging. This is also the habitat of elk, lynx, and wolves so make sure to watch for these beautiful creatures along your route. At day’s end, rejuvenate in a Nordic hydrotherapy spa treatment as you spring into a cold-plunge pool, then wrap yourself in a plush, pre-heated blanket in your own “winterized hammock” for an indescribable calming experience enveloping both body and mind.
The next day allows you to get out and experience the white wonderland on a four-hour snowshoeing expedition surrounded by beautiful views as you trek through the white powder. Then make your way to the beautiful town of Canmore where you’ll spend two nights at a remote chalet. Whether you can land a double-lutz, or never stepped on ice before, the truly grande finale of your trip is 100% Canada: ice skating on glacier-fed Lake Louise, a tour de force of nature. Skate around sparkling ice sculptures such as a crenelated ice castle, Inuit totems, or towering ice wolves chasing a moon. On your final free afternoon in Banff, splurge on a dip in the Banff Hot Springs before the farewell dinner. Over hot drinks and an exquisite meal, it’s time to toast each other for the amazing things each of you tried and loved, and the Canadian Rockies experiences you’ll never forget.
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Canadian Rockies Winter Adventure
- What’s Included in your Winter Vacation in the Canadian Rockies
- Where You Stay in the Canadian Rockies
- Traveling to Calgary in Alberta, Canada
- Detailed Itinerary March Departure: Canada Winter Sports Vacation for Women
- Enjoy multi-sport winter fun from cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, fat tire biking to ice skating
- Treat yourself with a massage, hot pools, cold pool and delicious, nutritious food
- Spot the tracks of winter wildlife in the snows of Banff National Park and explore ice canyons
- Warm up around a bonfire and swap stories with your fellow AdventureWomen
What You'll See and Do
- Glacier Exploration
- National Parks
- Natural History
- Spa Element