Calling all wild-at-heart adventurers for an exhilarating week with AdventureWomen in the Canadian Rockies. Discover a new passion as you explore glaciers, caves, spelunk, bicycle, and hike through element-carved landscapes. At the end of each amazing day, celebrate the like-spirited camaraderie of new friends.
Canada’s gorgeous Kananaskis Country, lying just west of Calgary, Alberta, is an untamed wilderness shared by bald eagles, lynx, black and brown bears, moose, and bighorn sheep. The crystalline mountain air and dazzling 360-degree panoramas create a feast for the senses and the perfect backdrop for summertime fun, with multiple chances to try something new in the great outdoors!
Follow your expert Canadian guide into the heart of the Rockies, learning about their geology, wildlife, and hidden beauty. You are also accompanied by an AdventureWomen Ambassador, committed to helping make your experience a fun and personally rewarding adventure, and cheering you on as you reach beyond your comfort zone to take on new challenges in your own unique way!
Meet your fellow AdventureWomen travelers in Calgary and begin imagining the week ahead over a delicious welcome dinner in Lake Louise.
Take a drive along the Columbia Icefields Parkway, “144 miles of Ooo and Ahh,” passing cliff-hanging glaciers and some of the highest peaks in North America. Don your Yaktrax for a memorable hike on Athabasca Glacier and explore a starkly beautiful world as you negotiate the crevasses with your experienced guide.
The next day you’ll explore the pristine environment of Rat’s Nest Cave with its natural rockslide, stalactites and stalagmites, and caverns whose incredible acoustics just might invite an outbreak of song! With no lights, no handrails, and no walkways, you’ll get to experience it just like the explorers who first discovered it!
Bike along a mountain path and revel in stunning views, maybe even spying on local wildlife. Regroup for a hike together to a sylvan, fern-rimmed waterfall at the close of the day. After an outdoor lunch, head back to the hotel spa for an afternoon of relaxation with a massage and time to soak in the hot pools and saunas.
Rally the team at Chinook Rafting headquarters and paddle a raft together on the jade-green waters of the river. Between scenic stretches of placid calm, admire the powerful nature around you and hoot with glee through many sets of heart-pumping rapids and a jump into the river.
Explore charming Banff and join your friends for a relaxing soak at the iconic Banff Hot Springs (optional expense).
Cap off your Canadian Rockies adventure with a choice between two spectacular hikes, both of which begin in the sublime Valley of the Ten Peaks, then split off on divergent routes to sparkling Minnestimma Lakes. After a picnic lunch, those who wish can hike to the high point of Sentinel Pass to take in the splendid views of the glaciated Ten Peaks Mountains. Enjoy a delicious farewell dinner and toast to new friendships, to each other’s “no limits” spirit, and to memories made in one of the most spectacular landscapes on the planet.
- Day-by-Day Itinerary
- What’s Included in your Vacation in the Canadian Rockies
- Where You Stay While in the Canadian Rockies
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Calgary in Alberta, Canada
- Detailed Itinerary July 24, 2022 Canadian Rockies: The Ultimate Active Outdoor Adventure
- Detailed Itinerary September 4, 2022 Canadian Rockies: The Ultimate Active Outdoor Adventure
- Detailed Itinerary July 23, 2023 Canadian Rockies: The Ultimate Active Outdoor Adventure
- Detailed Itinerary August 13, 2023 Canadian Rockies: The Ultimate Active Outdoor Adventure
- Discover the Canadian Rockies during a week of non-stop outdoor adventures
- Enjoy hiking, biking, caving, exploring glaciers, and more!
- Photograph iconic Lake Louise and enjoy the charming town of Banff
- Raft the thrilling rapids of a glacier-fed river
- Follow the fabled Columbia Icefields Parkway, hike on Athabasca Glacier, and discover pristine blue lakes
What You'll See and Do
- Cave Tour
- Glacier Exploration
- Hot Springs
- National Parks
- UNESCO Site
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing