This 11-day African wildlife safari in Botswana is an Adventure Woman’s dream come true! Join us in May and June 2020 in the Okavango Delta for what is truly the ultimate African wildlife experience. Adventure out by vehicle on exciting game drives to spot elephants, zebra, prides of lions, and hippos in three Botswana game parks, then be awed by the mighty Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe as the Zambezi River drops hundreds of feet into a cloud of white mist and rainbows!
You turn your face to the African dawn and listen. A chorus of wildlife calls emerging from the African bush surrounding you feeds your sense of excitement about what the day will bring. This classic African safari in Botswana and Zimbabwe appeals to every woman’s sense of wonder and for some, a childhood dream of encountering African wildlife at home in their natural habitat. You arrive as a solo traveler but quickly find yourself among safari friends on this foray into the Okavango Delta deep in the African bush in Botswana and Zimbabwe. Imagine zebras and giraffes passing so close to you that no binoculars are needed! Socialize with your fellow adventurers as you enjoy morning coffee or an evening glass of wine on the patio of your tent, gazing out over water and grasslands at the elephants and other wildlife that regularly congregate there! Daily guided African game drives in search of wildlife combined with luxurious tented camp accommodations each night treat you to the classic African safari experience as you go to sleep listening to the sounds of African animals as they drink and graze nearby.
Out in the wild, on your first safari day of adventure, walk along the bone-dry salt pan of Makgadikgadi Pans National Park watching for cheetahs, antelope, and meerkats. You will traverse the legendary Okavango Delta and the Central Kalahari Game Reserve in search of hippopotamus, zebras, warthogs, greater kudu, giraffes, leopards, and rhinoceros. Your camp in Moremi Game Reserve is situated right near a local water hole that draws the African wildlife to it. Game drives by night allow you to search for rare nocturnal species of wildlife like aardvarks and porcupines, while your game walks on foot by day offer a more intimate connection with Africa as you experience the thrill of wildlife grazing just a few hundred feet away. Poling in a traditional canoe across the lagoon joining the Khwai and Sable Alley Rivers, you discover huge flocks of brightly-colored African birds and photograph the river’s massive crocodiles.
Your grand finale is a visit to Zimbabwe to experience the majestic Zambezi River and mile-wide Victoria Falls. At 5,000 feet wide, Victoria Falls is truly is a wonder of the natural world. Enjoy a spectacular private wildlife cruise at sunset along the Upper Zambezi River where you and your new women friends will spot elephants, hippopotamus, and crocodile, among other African animals. Feel the cooling spray on your face as you walk along the edge of the lush forests growing around Victoria Falls, catching multiple views of the dazzling, mile-long cascade of waterfalls and rainbows. An optional helicopter flight over Victoria Falls can be a sensational finish to your brilliant journey. Depart from your spectacular safari with a warm sense of pride, knowing that you achieved a dream trip to Africa and made some wonderful friends along the way!
Discover African wildlife and the natural beauty and varied landscapes of Botswana and Zimbabwe on this classic African safari in May and June 2020, an experience in the bush, you won’t soon forget.
- Botswana Women’s Safari: Day-by-day Itinerary
- What’s Included in Your Botswana Wildlife Safari in Africa
- Your Accommodations in Botswana and Zimbabwe
- What to Pack & Bring While on Your African Safari
- Traveling to Botswana via Johannesburg, South Africa
- Detailed Safari Itinerary MAY Departure: Botswana Women’s Wildlife Safari
- Detailed Safari Itinerary JUNE Departure: Botswana Women’s Wildlife Safari
- Observe African wildlife at home in their natural habitats and learn all about them from naturalist guides
- Travel to two game reserves in Botswana’s famed Okavango Delta and visit the Makgadigadi Pans
- Experience the thrill of walking through the African bush in search of animals as well as game drives by night
- Sleep in luxurious tented camps as you try to distinguish between the call of a lion and the bark of a hyena
- Walk along the length of Victoria Falls' many waterfalls as the Zambezi River cascades over the cliffs into a cloud of mist and rainbows
What You'll See and Do
- Animal Tracking
- Local Delicacies
- Luxury Camping
- National Parks
- Natural History
- River Cruising
- UNESCO Site
- Wildlife Cruise
- Wildlife Safari
- Wildlife Viewing
- Women-To-Women Exchanges