Bike, kayak, and sip your way wine tasting through California’s Wine Country from Sonoma County to Napa Valley with gorgeous sea coast views on this delicious five-day cycling trip in May 2020, just perfect for women of all biking abilities!
Some passions just belong together. Grapes and sun. Kayaks and water. You and your fellow Adventure Women will cruise through California’s Wine Country, from Sonoma to Napa Valley, with the power of the pedal and your fellow cyclists cheering you on to each incredible destination along your biking route! Cycling is the perfect way to experience California because it provides a special closeness to the land. Biking with a group of women adds an extra level of enrichment to your week exploring Wine Country This particular biking trip in California is truly for all women, too. Frequent stops for photography and refreshments help everyone to enjoy the journey together. Comfortable vans “sag wagons” also accompany every leg of your cycling route so that should you feel like a rest, you can hop right in and just relax.
You’ll begin your California biking trip within a few hours of landing in San Francisco and will cover approximately 20-40 miles a day. Stop first in Petaluma to meet your cycling companions and pros who’ll fit you to your bike. From here, you’ll ride out into California Wine Country in Sonoma County, passing ranches, rustic homes, and…you guessed it, lots of California wineries! Greet your next day with an early morning ride to Tomales Bay for sea kayaking with a naturalist who will help you spot the local wildlife such as harbor seals, pelicans, and bat rays. You might even see an osprey dive into the sea to catch its morning meal!
Pedal onward to the Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve to walk among the iconic giant Sequoia Redwoods and picnic in the filtered sunlight of these ancient giants, some 1,400 years old. After an optional afternoon ride, head to a local winery to sample award-winning Russian River wines. Your time in Sonoma County’s Russian River Valley will include a ride to Arista Vineyards where you’ll learn about their sustainable practices and sample their Pinot Noir before riding to Relish Culinary Center for one of their heralded culinary classes with paired wines, a farm-to-table feast you make yourselves! Bike quiet back roads to reach Ridge Winery with relaxing wine tasting followed by an afternoon of free time (and maybe some “me time”) with an optional massage at the hotel spa.
Your last day on your California biking tour is as joyful and full as your first! The early morning ride leads to the vineyards of Alexander Valley, with a return loop considered by many to be the best of the week! On the way back to your departure point, the cycling route is leisurely, winding through Napa Valley for one more winery visit and wine tasting among new friends.
- Biking & Winetasting in California Wine Country: Day-By-Day Itinerary
- What’s included in Your Womens’ Adventure Tour in California
- Accommodations in Wine Country in California
- What to Pack on Your California Biking Trip
- Traveling to Sonoma County and Napa Valley in California
- Detailed itinerary: Women’s Biking Trip in CA Wine Country
- Get Fit: Fit For Trips will customize a cycling workout for you with 25% off for Adventure Women!
- Cycle 20 to 40 miles a day or as few as you like with the option of hopping on the “sag wagon” whenever you feel like stopping
- Learn about wine making while you wine taste your way through delicious California varietals
- Enjoy the spectacular vineyard and coastal views of California Wine Country and Napa Valley
- Spend time walking among gigantic Sequoia Redwoods
- Spot local California seacoast wildlife from your sea kayak in Tomales Bay
What You'll See and Do
- Cooking Class
- Local Delicacies
- National Parks
- Natural History
- Sea Kayaking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Wine Tasting