Against the backdrop of Baja’s sunlit landscapes and ultramarine bays join AdventureWomen for the colorful festivities of Mexico’s Day of the Dead. Explore white-sand shores on horseback, snorkel with playful sea lions, and learn to catch that wave during a ladies surfing clinic with the pros. Island glamping under a canopy of stars? Simply dreamy.
With its sunny hospitality, Baja welcomes you for seven days of adventure, culture, and indulgent relaxation. Arrive for the celebration of El Día de los Muertos – a special chance to experience the rich, artistic traditions of remembering family and friends.
Fly into Cabo San Lucas and drive to charming Todos Santos to gather with your excited AdventureWomen companions. With mountains in its backyard and facing miles of pristine beach, this artists’ haven is one of Mexico’s 50 lesser-traveled places known as a Pueblo Mágico – magical town. Enjoy a welcome dinner that sets the stage for a week of fresh coastal cuisine, including fish tacos, tapas, ceviche, burritos and fresh salads and fruits, alongside microbrews and, of course, margaritas, in the land where they were born!
Settle into the lovely Los Colibris Casitas, and wake up sporting your “ready-for-anything” spirit. It’s off to the beach to join the best local surf instructors for big fun in the waves. “We can do this!” becomes the group mantra as you get up on your board, if even for a moment, and feel the thrill of the waves beneath you. With exhilarating high-fives, be proud that you’ve proven that anyone, at any age, can surf! Next, enjoy the reverse view – the sea from the shore – as you take in the beach beauty on horseback.
Your accompanying expert local guide is an integral part of the group, and always on hand to answer questions and share stories about this fascinating region. You are also joined by an AdventureWomen Ambassador, committed to helping make your experience a fun and personally rewarding adventure—and cheering you on as you reach beyond your comfort zone to take on new challenges in your own unique way.
Back in town, join the Dia de los Muertos revelers for the festival finale – the Catrina Contest. Since Aztec times, the skeleton (calavera) has represented life, not death, and the female “Catrina” skeletal face is the fiesta’s symbol. Don’t miss the chance to have your face camouflaged as Catrina!
After a morning yoga class, head for Isla Espiritu Santo for three days and nights glamping in style on a private island. Spend time exploring volcanic rock formations on foot as you examine flora and fauna. Sunbathe at your leisure, try stand-up paddle boarding with your guide, or kayak together through secluded lagoons. For a truly memorable moment, grab some snorkel gear and join the local sea lions. It’s a veritable underwater ballet, Baja-style, as they spiral and twirl around you, and it’s hard not to laugh out loud when they pop their curious noses next to yours to see if you want to play!
Return to Todos Santos for your final day and peruse the galleries for exceptional, locally made souvenirs. Begin your farewell dinner with a mezcal tasting, and toast to each other’s surf and turf adventures, and to all the Baja memories you made together as friends.
- Day-by-Day Itinerary: Day of the Dead Adventure in Baja, Mexico
- What’s Included on your Baja women’s vacation among sea lions and on beaches
- Where you stay while snorkeling, kayaking, and celebrating the Day of the Dead
- Travel Tips and Traveling to Todos Santos, Baja
- Detailed Itinerary: Baja Day of the Dead Adventure for Women
- Participate in the colorful El Dia de los Muertos traditions, Baja-style
- Horseback ride on sandy beaches, kayak in blue lagoons, and take a morning yoga class overlooking the ocean
- Brave the wave! Take a bucket-list surfing class in a women’s-only session
- Savor fresh local cuisine and sample margaritas in their birthplace
- Delight in the playful antics of sea lions as you snorkel among them in the Sea of Cortez
- Reach out and touch the stars during a two-day glamping experience on a private beach
What You'll See and Do
- Swim with Sea Lions