Over AdventureWomen’s many years perfecting the art of adventure travel tours for women, we have developed what we believe is the ideal Nepal hiking trip to Annapurna and Asia’s Himalayan Mountains. Combined with flightseeing over Mount Everest, visits to Buddhist temples, wildlife viewing while elephant riding in a Bengal Tiger Reserve and white water rafting on Nepal’s Seti River, you have an unforgettable Nepal adventure travel experience. And this Nepal adventure tour for women has been carefully designed to incorporate a comfortable, and less physically challenging trekking route at a lower altitude - 7,500 feet instead of at 14,000 and with porters carrying your gear.
This exciting hiking and cultural trip in Nepal is perfect for women who want to experience the splendor of hiking the awe-inspiring Himalayan Mountains, whose name, “Himalaya” means “abode of snow” in Sanskrit. Our trekking adventure in the Himalayas features hikes through verdant valleys and ancient villages with introductions to the fascinating Nepalese culture and meeting the friendly people of Nepal.
Our hike through the Annapurna foothills is lodge-based instead of being a camping trip, allowing for an easier pace and with less impact on the Himalayan hiking trails from our accompanying porters and pack animals. The Nepal lodges where we stay are of modern construction in a traditional Nepalese style. All have private rooms with en-suite bathrooms, and offer excellent local Nepalese cuisine. After all, we should stay in style when visiting the top of the world!
Also included in our Nepal adventure travel trip is an additional two-day white water rafting excursion on the scenic Seti River and a wildlife viewing safari, elephant riding through Royal Chitwan National Park, the world’s finest Bengal Tiger habitat. And, we explore Kathmandu’s ancient city of Bhaktapur and the Buddhist Temple Complex of Boudhanath.
This Nepal trekking adventure for women is a unique combination of outdoor vistas, cultural interaction, athleticism, and learning about Nepal’s southern Terai country. Join AdventureWomen on this amazing journey in 2013 on our 30th Anniversary Year, where you can have it all on this 16 day hiking odyssey in ancient and exquisite Nepal!
- Experience Nepal hiking amidst the splendor of the Himalayas and learning about the Nepalese ancient culture on a low-altitude (7,500 feet) Nepal trekking vacation in the spectacular Annapurna region.
- Enjoy wildlife viewing and 2-nights in Royal Chitwan National Park. Learn how to ride an elephant as you visit the world’s best habitat for viewing the Bengal Tiger!
- Raft the beautiful Seti River and stay in luxurious safari-style tents at the Seti River Camp.
- Take an optional scenic flightseeing tour around Mount Everest.
- Stay in comfortable traditional-style lodges on trek, with solar-heated showers, flush toilets, and electricity.
- Explore Kathmandu’s ancient city of Bhaktapur and the Buddhist Temple Complex of Boudhanath.