Back by popular demand is AdventureWomen’s horseback riding trip by “pack horse” in Banff National Park's Canadian Rockies. This scenic adventure by saddle in the backcountry of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, Canada features wilderness landscapes the like of which Billy Crystal (of "City Slickers" fame) never would have believed! On our 5-day horsepack trip in western Canada, we explore some of Banff's most breathtaking regions, accompanied by knowledgeable wilderness outdoor guides, wranglers, camp cooks, and everything needed to make this catered horseback riding holiday comfortable, educational, and great fun!
Banff National Park is Canada's first national park and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After an overnight in the city of Banff, Alberta our adventure by horseback begins. We explore the high mountain passes and glacial cirques along the Canadian Rockies front, riding with our expert guides and horsepackers through meadows and along grassy ridges beneath snowy peaks. The wildlife in Banff National Park is abundant and includes elk, deer, eagles, wolves, and innumerable species of birds.
We'll cross streams and maybe view Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep as we stop for spectacular landscape and wildlife photography. While en route, we stay in permanent tented camps named Flint's Park, Stoney Creek, and Mystic Valley. Hearty western breakfasts and dinners are prepared by skilled cooks and served inside large dining tents, while lunch is picnic style along our Banff horseback trails. Our horses are good mountain horses! Each is chosen for you with the help of our guides to match your specific riding experience and needs. These trusty equine friends will easily win you over with their charming personalities and their trail savvy.
Leave your deadlines and schedules behind and come join us in Banff in the Canadian Rockies. Trade your stressful responsibilities for some fresh mountain air, a good horse and wilderness trails that lead from one spectacular view to another. For an incredible horseback riding adventure vacation into the hidden backcountry corners of Banff National Park, saddle up and join AdventureWomen on horseback for our 30th anniversary year!
- Catered horseback riding vacation in Alberta, Canada for all levels of horse riding experience (beginner to advanced) into the remote interior of Banff National Park, the Canadian Rockies, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sturdy, gentle, mountain trail horses and expert outdoor guides and horsepackers who share their knowledge of western Canada’s geology, history and high country.
- A wilderness horsepacking adventure with additional daily options to view and photograph wildlife and wilderness landscapes while maximizing your camp fun.
- Comfortable wilderness camp accommodations in large, permanent A-frame tents on wooden platforms, separate cook tents, and resident base camp cooks.
- The camaraderie of other AdventureWomen who want to experience a true, western, horse riding trip by pack horse in Banff National Park.