AdventureWomen’s customized Bhutan adventure travel tour to this tiny Kingdom nestled in the heart of the Himalayan Mountains may become one of the most remarkable travel experiences of your life! In addition to hiking, cultural exploration and sightseeing, on our Bhutan adventure vacation we have the opportunity and privilege to “give back” to the people of Bhutan with three special humanitarian projects that we have integrated into our Bhutan travel itinerary.
Throughout our Bhutan journey, we are immersed in the culture, history, and Buddhist practices of this amazing country. We’ll visit the friendly Bhutanese people in their traditional pastoral hamlets; walk to spectacular ancient dzongs, monasteries and Buddhist temples; and ogle at sweeping vistas of scenic valleys and the snow-capped Himalayas. Culturally and spiritually, this modern-day “Shangri-La” is a profoundly rich country where human relations and Buddhist beliefs outweigh economic indicators—where “gross national happiness” is promoted by the King of Bhutan as a measure of his enchanting country’s progress.
You are invited to join AdventureWomen on a travel adventure in Bhutan like no other. You’ll feel like you have seen Bhutan through the eyes of its people, and leave with a deep respect for this country’s rich traditions.
- Explore a country where Buddhism permeates all strands of cultural, ethical, and secular life.
- “Give back” as you participate in three humanitarian projects in Bhutan: donating blankets and/or clothes to a Buddhist nunnery or monastery; sponsoring and attending a special prayer ceremony at a sacred temple; donating reading glasses to women weavers.
- Visit Haa, only recently opened to tourists, and stay 2 nights in an elegant tented camp.
- Allow for the “magic” of spontaneous and unplanned activities in Bhutan—festivals, ceremonies, rituals— and be treated to events experienced by few visitors to this unique and special destination.
- End our stay with 2 nights at a new luxury hotel, handcrafted in traditional Bhutanese-style architecture, combining fine Bhutanese hospitality with 21st-century technology.