Whether you have traveled with AdventureWomen before, or it's your very first adventure vacation, this NEW Wild West Sampler trip near Yellowstone National Park gives you a taste of what "adventure travel" is all about. Hosted in AdventureWomen's own back yard - Montana's Big Sky Country, this area in the American "Wild, Wild West" is home to some of the last remaining wild land in the United States and is in a U.S. state renowned for its outdoor adventures. This exciting week is designed so you can try ALL the outdoor sports and activities that make Montana famous; and it's all done from the comfort and convenience of our favorite and historic 320 Guest Ranch in Montana.
Your Montana adventure vacation begins in Bozeman, as you drive south through gorgeous Gallatin Canyon (where the movie A River Runs Through It was filmed) to the 320 Guest Ranch. After settling into your cabin at the Ranch, you are ready to start your week of jam-packed adventure activities that include: Montana hiking to high mountain meadows to view breathtaking panoramas; exploring the unequaled thermal features of Yellowstone National Park and taking a Yellowstone "wildlife safari" to view bison, elk, moose, wolves, and maybe even a grizzly bear; a "Zip and Dip" adventure where you experience the ultimate exhilaration of whitewater river rafting on the "Wild and Scenic" Gallatin River (with expert rafting guides, of course!), combined with a zip line (canopy tour) and a bird's eye view of the magical forest, river, and meadows; a visit to the headwaters of the Missouri River, made famous by the Lewis and Clark "Corps of Discovery" Expedition, and a fascinating guided trip into the Lewis and Clark Caverns, the most highly decorated limestone caverns in the Northwest; Montana horseback riding through "wild, wild west" picture-postcard vistas; fly fishing for trout (optional) on famous blue-ribbon Montana streams; and an old-fashioned hayride and Western barbecue.
Join AdventureWomen on our 30th anniversary, and in our own Montana outdoor playground for this action-packed Montana adventure vacation in Big Sky, the "Last Best Place," and try it ALL!
- Explore Yellowstone National Park's Old Faithful geyser and thermal features and go on a wildlife safari to view bison, elk, moose, wolves, and maybe even a grizzly bear.
- Luxury log cabin accommodations at our favorite Montana Guest Ranch in Big Sky, Montana, hayride, and Western barbecue.
- Get up early each morning to greet the day, watching the ranch horses gallop past you on their way in from their overnight pasture!
- Whitewater raft Montana's wild and scenic Gallatin River, horseback ride, hike, zipline, all with our knowledgeable Montana-based naturalist/guide. Optional fly-fishing also available.
- Learn about Lewis and Clark's "Corps of Discovery" Expedition at the Missouri River Headwaters and the Lewis and Clark Caverns.