Do you love the beauty of tropical orchids and flowers, the texture of the softest Thai silks, and letting your imagination relive the colorful tales of Siamese Kings? Would you delight in telling your friends about the time you rode an elephant through the jungles of Thailand? Is learning to cook gourmet Thai recipes on your list of “must do’s”? Yes, yes, yes? Then, this exciting and exotic adventure vacation in Thailand is for you.
Join us for this remarkable 13-day journey through the spectacular landscapes of Thailand as we explore the cultural Thai melting pot of Chiang Mai, the "Rose of the North," as well as visiting Buddhist temples, ancient palace ruins, and countryside Thai food and flower markets. We also visit the Karen Long Neck Village, the Akha people of Thailand (famous for their beautiful costumes), and the infamous Golden Triangle. And we learn how to ride and care for elephants, enjoy a cruise on the Mekong River on luxuriously-converted rice barges and visit regional national parks full of jungle wildlife and interesting botany. Finally, we learn how to cook delectable Thai recipes for entrées, appetizers, and desserts. Thai cuisine is complex and piquant, a balance of sweet, spicy, sour and salty flavors. Throughout our travels, we’ll enjoy cuisines specific to each region, learning the secrets of Thai cooking and presentation techniques while preparing a variety of Thai dishes.
This exquisite Thailand adventure vacation for women will begin in Bangkok, the booming modern capital of Thailand, where we’ll experience its unique Siamese heritage and charm. Here we’ll learn the fascinating history of the Grand Palace, home to the mysterious Emerald Buddha, and enjoy a cooking class in central Thai cuisine.
A few of the highlights of this adventure in southeast asia (there are so many!) are spending a full day at an elephant conservation preserve, riding elephants into the Thai jungles, and learning about negotiating for bargains at the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar.
Our Thai hotel accommodations range from luxurious tented spa retreats to riverside boutique hotels. And, of course, throughout our Thailand adventure, you’ll feast on exquisite Thai cuisine.
While other countries in Southeast Asia have lost their ethnic identities during periods of European domination, Thailand has managed to preserve the ancient cultural traditions of its diverse and friendly people. And now, during this comfortable yet off-the-beaten-path exploration of Thailand, you have a unique opportunity to experience the essence of one of the world's most exotic adventure destinations. Do it!
- Explore the friendly cities of Bangkok, Chiang Rai, and Chiang Mai, and the ancient ruins of Ayutthaya, ancient capital of Thailand.
- Travel on a luxurious rice barge to discover how the local people have learned to live with nature for centuries.
- Spend a day at a most respected Elephant Conservation Preserve to learn about and interact with these magnificent creatures before riding on one into the Thai jungle.
- Learn the secrets of Thai cooking with hands-on Thai cooking classes in each region we visit and discover why Thai cuisine is some of the world's most tasty and renowned.
- Explore ethnic and tribal villages to meet and learn about the indigenous hill tribe peoples of Thailand who live in remote villages.
- Combine these fascinating attractions of Thailand with luxury hotel and lodge accommodations and some of the region's best restaurants.