Go barging in Europe and discover eastern France's Burgundy region on a luxurious French barge tour! Capture the true essence of the local French culture, cuisine, lifestyle, and wine tasting from the deck of our charming river boat. Relax on your river cruise on France’s Canal de Bourgogne (Burgundy Canal) that connects the River Saône and Yonne River in eastern France.
Welcome to the wonderful world of European river barge trips! In France, rivers and canals flow from bustling cities to quaint hamlets, linking towns and villages. Follow these waterways on a European river boat cruise and you encounter a quieter, more relaxed side of the continent. A river cruise in France is a very special way to discover the heart of this elegant and historic country, gliding through the French countryside at 2-4 miles per hour, allowing plenty of time to experience the local culture, tastes, and vistas you would miss by any other form of travel. A barge towpath runs alongside the canal, giving us the option to walk or bicycle between the river’s locks, or stay on board and watch the world go by as the scenery in the countryside changes with every bend in the waterway. You will love cycling in France, exploring nearby villages and seeing the country at your own pace, or ride the towpath alongside our barge, which stops at locks along the way. Barging in France on a European river cruise is the graceful way of life that seems long forgotten to us today.
Each day on our barge tour brings a new guided shore excursion via our air conditioned bus. Amble through cobblestone streets of medieval villages, where the stones have been walked on for centuries. Discover the light that gave life to the impressionist paintings of the 1800s as the morning sun shines soft, the afternoon light filters through the trees, and the evening light forms pastels on the panoramas of one of France’s most famous regions, Burgundy. This is real life French impressionism, like being in your very own Van Gogh painting!
Our elegant barge accommodates twenty-two AdventureWomen in twin cabins, all with full bathrooms with private shower. Tastefully decorated, the barge features a bi-level sundeck wreathed in flowers, chairs and colorful parasols, a cozy saloon and bar, and separate dining room. Experienced bilingual French-English speaking crew provide highly personalized service.
We dine on authentic French cuisine and gourmet meals prepared by French chefs trained in some of the finest culinary schools: they are true artists, excelling day after day with delicious meals created from fresh foods, delivered directly to our vessel. Carefully selected from the vast choice of quality French vineyards, we will wine taste over 20 different French wines served with lunch and dinner. After finishing one meal on our river cruise in France, you will already be looking forward to the next!
It doesn't get any better than this, so join AdventureWomen on a spectacular river cruise by barge in France! Ooo-la-la!
- 7 day/6 night barge trip in France on the Burgundy Canal, the most beloved canal in all of France.
- Stay in comfortable accommodations on board our elegant, privately chartered hotel-barge, exploring the “soul” of this region from our “floating country inn.”
- Bike, hike, and enjoy motor and walking excursions into famous cities and towns of the region (Dijon, Longecourt, Seurre and Beaune, France) full of renowned art and architecture plus cultural exploration.
- Feast on superb gourmet regional French cuisine, exquisite 4-course dinners, superb wines and French wine tastings, and experience caring service.
- Celebrate a French "Toast" with several wine tastings at famous Burgundy vineyards during the cruise.
- Come early to Paris, France or extend your trip at the end of our river cruise to go shopping in Paris and exploring in the “City of Light.”