What's Not Included
How To Register
Arrival and Departure
Cancellation and Refunds
Health Requirements and Health Insurance
Making Travel Arrangements
About Adventure Travel
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THIS TRIP
- 5 nights double occupancy, deluxe accommodations in log cabins at the 320 Guest Ranch, in Big Sky, Montana.
- 1 night double-occupancy hotel accommodations at Bozeman's Comfort Inn (last night).
- All transportation throughout the trip, from Big Sky back to Bozeman.
- All entrance fees to national and state parks.
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 4 dinners: a light dinner on arrival night, a special hayride and barbecue dinner, one dinner in the 320 Ranch dining room; and our last night's dinner back in Bozeman at AdventureWomen's Montana headquarters in the beautiful Bridger Mountains.
- Fully-guided hikes and tours led by Leslie Stoltz, resident naturalist/guide in Big Sky and Yellowstone for more than 20 years.
- Afternoon horseback ride (tips included); guided zipline canopy tour; guided whitewater raft trip on the famous Gallatin River; sightseeing, entrance fees and tours to the Lewis and Clark Caverns and Yellowstone National Park.
- Round-trip airfare to Bozeman, Montana.
- Meals where specified.
- All liquor and drinks with meals.
- Tips to your raft guide and zipline tour guides (we suggest $8/person for each) and a tip to your naturalist/guide (approximately $90 per person).
- Optional fly fishing, plus a tip to the guide.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
It is important that you plan to arrive in Bozeman, Montana no later than 1:30 PM on July 14, 2012, for our group transfer to Big Sky’s 320 Guest Ranch in our 14 passenger van.
Please work with Ciretta Green at Montana Travel. She can arrange your air to Bozeman, a hotel if you would like to come in a few days early or stay later.
The nights of July 14 - 18, we are staying at 320 Guest Ranch (800-243-0320) in beautiful Big Sky, Montana.
The last night of your adventure, July 19, we are staying at the Comfort Inn in Bozeman (1370 North 7th Avenue, Bozeman, Montana 59715, 406-587-2322 or 800-587-3833). You are free to make your departure for any time of the day on July 20.
You might consider arriving a day or two early, or stay after the trip, to explore the town of Bozeman and its scenic surrounding area. The movies A River Runs Through It and The Horse Whisperer were filmed in the area! Coming a day early will also allow you to acclimate to an altitude of approximately 5,000 feet. Bozeman is only 90 miles north of Yellowstone National Park. The upbeat atmosphere is that of “a small town in big britches.” While images of cowboys, pioneer women and rowdy miners are still reflected by the locals' faces, the city's historic downtown has everything from gourmet restaurants to art galleries! The famous Museum of the Rockies, located on the Montana State University campus, is the permanent home to one of the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex skeletons on exhibit anywhere in the world.
If you decide to arrive a day or two early, or stay later after the trip, you can make reservations on your own by calling the Comfort Inn at 800-587-3833. They provide free shuttle service to and from the airport. Tell them that you are staying there on July 19 with the AdventureWomen group, and they should give you a good rate).
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS AND HEALTH INSURANCE
You must have your own health insurance, and not have any physical problems or conditions that would be adversely affected by hiking and residing at altitudes of 6,000 - 9,000 feet.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
We suggest that you book your air reservations early with our travel consultant soon after registering for this trip! Summer air schedules in Bozeman fill up fast, since it is the gateway to Yellowstone National Park.
In order to facilitate group arrivals and departures, we ask that you work directly with our travel consultants at Montana Travel to make your travel arrangements. Either before or after booking your trip, please call Ciretta at Montana Travel, in Bozeman, Montana.
CANADIAN RESIDENTS, please call 406-587-1188
When calling, please identify yourself as an AdventureWomen traveler. If you leave a message on Ciretta's voicemail, she will return your call promptly. She will be happy to discuss your travel plans and help you decide when to purchase your ticket for the best rate. If you purchase your ticket through her, she can also help you with hotels and rental cars, should you want to come early, stay longer, or share a rental car or hotel room with another participant. If you do not purchase your air ticket through Montana Travel, you are responsible for making your own arrangments for hotels, rental cars, trip extensions, transfers, etc.
Note: The recent trend in travel is for travelers to finalize their plans much closer to departure time than was customary in the past. While we try to be as flexible as possible booking last minute registrants, we must often relinquish hotel space and air reservations up to 6 weeks prior to departure!
Please keep this in mind when making your travel plans.