Our 'Moscow and St. Petersburg Rediscovered' adventure vacation to Russia takes off in the beginning of September 2017 and we are already dreaming about it! How much do you know about Russia?
Here are some interesting facts about this country which you might not know (despite its current popularity in recent press)!
- There are approximately 10 million more women in Russia than men.
- Russia has the longest railway. The Trans Siberian Railway is 5,700 miles long and spans almost all the way across the country.
- Russia has 9 time zones - more than any other country
- One quarter of Russia is covered by trees. Its forests contain 22 percent of all the trees on the earth.
- Russia’s Lake Baikal is the world’s deepest lake at 5,387 feet and holds one fifth of the world’s fresh water.
- The Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg is home to around 70 cats! 3 volunteers spend 6 hours per day taking care of them. Cats have lived in the museum since the 1700s.
- The word, “Vodka” means water, stemming from the Russian word, “Voda”.
Now wouldn't you want to visit a country this interesting? Find out what's included in our Inside Russia: Moscow to St Petersburg trip for more info!