At AdventureWomen, we LOVE to EAT! One of our favorite things to bring back from our travels around the world are memories of great meals (shared with great company of course) and international recipes. Perhaps you’ve visited Delicious Destinations in our Ciao Bella blog? We hope so!
Foodies, the world over, have created an entire culture around taste, texture, aroma and visual presentation with top chef celebrities, and TV food experts. From Pinterest and Facebook snaps sharing of gourmet delights to the proliferation of network TV cooking shows to increased editorial focus on local “farm to table” buying, healthy eating habits and sustainable harvesting, food has taken center stage in media circles. Peer to Peer dining experiences leveraged by mobile apps is all the rage for local dining on the fly and even YouTube has funny cooking videos which are sure to make you laugh if not learn how to cook better! And with the Food Network and the Travel Channel’s “Now Reservations” and other food-infused Cable TV programming, the trend of “travel to eat” is just, well, HOT.
So… if you like to follow the latest foodie trends, we know you’ll like our “Top 10 List of the Best Food Bloggers, Writers and Experts with a Taste for Travel”.
This list was compiled based on a readers’ choice poll of foodies conducted by USA Today and 10 Best Readers’ Choice. A panel of experts picked 20 initial nominees, and winners were then determined by popular vote. The “all things foodie” expert panel included Jason Anello (Forking Tasty), Jodi Ettenberg (Legal Nomads), Brian Freedman (Drink Me), Akila McConnell (The Road Forks) and Kim Sunée (Kim Sunée) and were chosen based on their social media savvy and their editorial focus on culinary-based travel.
Drumroll please…and the top 10 most popular food bloggers, writers and experts are:
- Rachelle Lucas (The Travel Bite)
- Joanna Hutchins (Accidental Epicurean)
- Kim Pham and Philip Shen (Behind the Food Carts)
- Jessica Rigg (Lonely Palate)
- Lindsay Anderson and Dana VanVeller (FEAST)
- Cameron Stauch (A Kitchen)
- Cristina Sciarra (The Roaming Kitchen)
- Ayngelina Brogan (Bacon is Magic)
- Andi Fisher (Misadventures with Andi)
- Mike Sutter (Fed Man Walking)
Additional nominees picked by the USA Today and 10 Best experts included:
- Nelson Carvalheiro (Nelson Carvalheiro Blog)
- Karen Coates (Rambling Spoon)
- Andrea Gentl (Hungry Ghost Food and Travel)
- Adam Goldberg (A Life Worth Eating)
- Melissa Kronenthal (The Traveler's Lunchbox)
- Patti Londre (Worth the Whisk)
- Aiste Miseviciute (LUXEAT)
- Scott and Laura Rosen (Eat Your World)
- Danielle Rubi-Dentzel (The Trail of Crumbs)
- Mayssam Samaha (Will Travel For Food)
Where will you travel to eat this year? We hope you’ll join AdventureWomen in 2015 for some culinary fun Hiking the Lakes of Italy, Barging in France, on our California Wine, Culinary and Outdoor Adventure or Discovering the Wonders of Brazil. Yum, YUM!