Well it’s FINALLY Spring (at least according to the calendar – if not the weather) and I’m sure you could probably use a spring fling to take your mind off doing your taxes, spring cleaning and scheduling those 25 summer activities for your kids. Spring flings are all about new, exciting and invigorating experiences which cause us to forget everything else and just enjoy living in the moment. You get to absorb life with your whole heart and just soak up the fun and the adventure at your own pace.
When we think of “the ultimate spring fling” in the spirit of a true Adventurous woman, we know it must include (at a minimum):
- Taking a risk and pushing us out of our comfort zones
- Learning something new
- Meeting new friends
- Exploring the world around us
- Giving back
So here are 7 ideas for treating yourself to a spring fling to refuel, revitalize and reinvigorate your spirit this April:
- Make a list of 5 national parks you’ve always wanted to go to and plan this year’s adventure to the one at the top of your list.
- Treat yourself to quarterly hot stone massages. You deserve it!
- Try a new sport. Ziplining? Paddleboarding? Kayaking? Sailing?
- Go beyond the book club and plan a group trip to the site of one of your favorite novels.
- Sign yourself up for some lessons involving your favorite “I wish I was better at …” passion. Photography? Cooking? Writing? Financial Planning?
- Sign up to volunteer for a cause you are passion about. It will do your heart (and someone else) good. Combine it with a trip and become a true “voluntourist”!
- Explore your inner artist. Watercolor? Ceramics? Multimedia? If David Hockney can embrace the ipad and sketch on it, why can’t you?
Most of all, remember, we all need and deserve to be good to ourselves. So have a fling and some fun and happy Spring from all of us at AdventureWomen.