Experience astounding architecture, music, cuisine, and textiles on AdventureWomen’s 13-day exploration of authentic Morocco in March or November 2019.
Start in Rabat, Morocco, a UNESCO World Heritage City. You’ll marvel at the intricately carved exteriors of the Mohamed V Mausoleum and Hassan Tower, and the narrow alleyways of the Kasbah of the Udayas, a spectacularly-preserved medieval fortress. From there, head to Chefchaouen, aptly named the “Blue City.” You and your travel companions will marvel at this charming hillside town, where the buildings and streets are washed in blue, giving it a luminous, fairy-tale aspect. A walking tour will teach you more about the multitude of Moroccan cultures that have come together here, and an afternoon hillside hike offers stunning panoramic views of the city.
Get to know each other during a scenic drive across the Rif Mountains, past isolated villages and olive groves. Explore Volubilis, a former Roman capital. Marvel at the mosaics, still vivid over 2,000 years after they were made. Visit one of the region’s finest wineries before heading to Fes. In Fes you’ll wind your way through labyrinthine narrow streets, stopping to take in beautifully preserved traditional buildings. A visit to a local tannery will show you how Moroccans craft the beautiful leatherwork you’ll spot in Fes’s souks.
From Fes, head to Errachidia and Erg Chebbi, where you’ll continue your journey across the Sahara by camel! Then travel through the Tizi n Talghemt (the pass of the camel) on your way to the Tafilalet Valley, one of the country’s largest palm groves. The lush vegetation soon gives way to the vast dunes of the Sahara. You and your new friends will watch the sun rise from atop a high desert dune, an unforgettable experience, before you head to the Todgha Gorge, a spectacular canyon where traditional goat and camel herders can still be spotted. The next day, you’re off to Ouarzazate, where you’ll explore the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site you might recognize from its countless appearances on film.
Finish your adventure with three days in Morocco’s lively Marrakech, where Arab, African, and European cultures have blended together over centuries. You and the interesting women you’ve met on the journey can visit the city’s famous museums, explore its vibrant souks, relax in beautiful gardens, and enjoy nighttime performances by acrobats, storytellers, and musicians in Djemaa al Fna Square together.
A feast for the senses from start to finish, this journey to Morocco in March 2019, one of Africa’s most fascinating countries, is not to be missed!
Join AdventureWomen in 2019 on this new and vibrant journey featuring the many facets of Morocco’s colorful culture!
- Morocco Womens’ Adventure Tour: Day-by-Day Itinerary
- What’s Included on your Morocco Vacation
- Where We Stay in Morocco: Accommodations
- Travel Tips & Information About Traveling to Casablanca & from Marrakesh, Morocco
- What To Pack & Bring On Your Morocco Womens’ Trip
- Detailed Itinerary for your March 2019 Morocco Adventure Tour
- Detailed Itinerary for your November 2019 Morocco Adventure Tour
- Spend time with artists at a women’s textile cooperative in Sefrou
- Ride a camel in the Sahara Desert and stay at a luxurious tented camp
- Learn the village social structure and local agriculture of the Berbers while making traditional tea
- Explore the labyrinth of the Fes Medina, meeting local craftspeople and enjoying local cuisine
- Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
What You'll See and Do
- Camel Trekking
- Cooking Class
- Cultural Exploration
- Historical Sites
- Local Delicacies
- Spa Element
- Wine Tasting
- Women-To-Women Exchanges
If you're curious about this trip, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.