ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT! In June 2018, travel to the islands of Indonesia including Bali, Java, Kalimantan, Flores, Rinca, and Komodo to explore Indonesian rain forests and rivers, wildlife preserves, culture, and art!
In Indonesia, over 17,000 shimmering Indonesian islands stretch more than 3,000 miles, as this ancient archipelago extends across South East Asia like a colorful, jeweled necklace. A nation full of rich contrasts, Indonesia is blessed with spectacular temples and monuments, delicious cuisine, stunning beaches, diverse cultures, and exquisite wildlife.
Your adventure travel trip in Indonesia is island hopping like you’ve never experienced it before! From Jakarta, fly to Indonesian Borneo (Kalimantan), and the Tanjung Puting Wildlife Reserve, home of the famed Camp Leakey. Spend three days in the rainforest, searching for orangutans, proboscis monkeys and gibbon.
Continue on your Indonesia island tour by flying back to Semarang on the island of Java, exploring the world’s largest Buddhist site of Borobudur Temple at sunrise, then traveling in a horse-drawn buggy to visit with the locals to learn about their farms. Flying on to the island of Flores, you board your luxury chartered sailboat for a relaxing two night voyage to Rinca Island and Komodo National Park, home to the world’s largest monitor lizard, the Komodo dragon! Enjoy swimming and snorkeling in crystal clear waters.
Fly to Bali, “Island of the Gods,” and transfer to Ubud, the “cultural heart” of Bali, an artists and crafts center, exquisitely carved out of the verdant hills and valleys of sparkling green rice fields. From your Balinese hideaway you’ll learn about rich and traditional Balinese arts, plus visit stunning temples and tour the countryside by bicycle. Unlock the secrets of Balinese cooking in a culinary adventure, and get wet braving the rapids through the rainforest and rice paddies on a whitewater rafting trip! End this fabulous trip at a stunning beachfront resort.
If you love exotic, mystical and magical experiences, then this Indonesian islands adventure in June 2018 featuring culture, wildlife, active adventure and beach time, is definitely the ultimate adventure for you!
- View endangered orangutans ("the man of the forest") at the famous Camp Leakey
- Experience sunrise at the majestic Borobudur Temple on Java, the largest single Buddhist monument in the Southern Hemisphere
- Sail for 2 nights to Flores and Komodo National Park on a luxury schooner, to track the Komodo dragon, the largest reptile in the world
- Explore Ubud, the center of Bali's art scene, and experience a Balinese cooking class and an exciting whitewater raft trip
- Enjoy expert guides and wildlife interpretation by naturalist guides
- Swim and snorkel on beautiful beaches
- Stay in comfortable eco-lodges and luxury hotels, and end at a 5-star Bali beach hotel
What You'll See and Do
- Animal Tracking
- Boat Cruising
- Cooking Class
- Cultural Exploration
- Historical Sites
- National Parks
- Natural History
- Spa Element
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing