In March 2017, journey to exotic India on an adventure tour to meet Bengal tigers, visit ancient Indian temples and cities, and explore the vibrant color and diversity of Indian culture, religions, and wildlife. Discover what makes India an adventure travel destination which should be on everyone's "bucket list".
The pages of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book come alive as you travel through central India's ancient civilizations, architectural wonders and lush nature and wildlife reserves. Feel your heart pound while watching a magnificent royal Bengal tiger stroll through its native habitat in Kanha Tiger Reserve (Kanha National Park), the largest wildlife sanctuary in Asia with populations of wild tigers, Indian leopards, the sloth bear, barasingha, and the Indian wild dog. You will also visit Bandhavgarth National Park, which has the highest density of tigers in all of India as well as being a large breeding ground for leopards. Explore bamboo thickets and sal forests, and watch the mahouts guide and communicate with their elephants as they search the jungle for tigers.
Travel to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the amazing temples of Khajuraho, considered the high point of medieval Indian architecture, and stand in reverence at the holy city of Varanasi, one of the oldest cities in the world and home to one of India's most sacred sites, the holy River Ganges. Not to be missed, you'll also explore Delhi, both Old and New, one of the most fascinating cities in the world.
OPTIONAL: You can choose to extend your vacation in India with a visit to the Taj Mahal to discover what makes the Taj Mahal so famous around the world, then continue on to the "Pink City" of Jaipur, with its aristocratic atmosphere, unique architecture, and the Amber Fort.
This adventure travel trip to the jungles and cities of India incorporates an exotic mix of India's unique wildlife and landscapes, its rich colors, textures and cultural wonders. You'll be inspired to pen your own Jungle Book!
- Explore both New and Old Delhi, India’s showcase for architecture, religion, shopping, and culture.
- Safari in Kanha National Park, the largest wildlife sanctuary in Asia, one of the first Project Tiger reserves in India, and in Bandhavgarth National Park, home to the famous white tigers of Rewa.
- Discover the enchanting temples of Khajuraho, considered the "high point" of Indian architectural genius.
- Experience Varanasi (ancient Benares), India's holiest city, and an important religious center for Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains, where Hindus aspire to cleanse themselves in the holy waters of the Ganges at bathing ghats.
- Visit Bodh Gaya, the most important Buddhist pilgrimage site in the world, where in 500 B.C. Prince Gautama Siddhartha achieved Enlightenment to become Buddha.
- Enjoy the hospitality of one of the world’s friendliest peoples in the country considered to be the oldest living culture in the world.
What You'll See and Do
- Boat Cruising
- Cultural Exploration
- Elephant Interaction
- Historical Sites
- National Parks
- Natural History
- Wildlife Safari
- Wildlife Viewing