Experience the otherworldly beauty of Iceland on a seven-day active outdoor adventure through this land of contrasts in July 2019.
Kick off your journey to Iceland with a visit to the Reykjanes Peninsula, where vast lava fields have produced otherworldly rock formations and a breathtaking coastline. Take an hour-long ATV ride across the rugged terrain of the volcanic peninsula and up the rocky mountain paths of Mount Helgafell. Capture amazing photos at the summit, where panoramic views take in the famous Blue Lagoon and Mount Fagradalsfjall. An afternoon bus tour of the capital of Iceland, Reykjavik, with stops to taste Icelandic delicacies, will give you a chance to unwind and get to know the interesting women sharing this adventure with you.
At Snæfellsjökull National Park, Iceland’s extremes come together in its famous glacier-topped volcanic peak. A boat trip around Breiðafjörður Bay will offer opportunities to witness the whales and puffins Iceland is known for. The Víðgelmir Cave, Iceland’s most spectacular Lava Cave, will take your breath away with its stunning colors and strange lava formations. Visit a Goat Conservation Center and the Sturlu Reykir horse farm. Samples of local beer and fresh homemade rye bread will give you a taste of Icelandic tradition.
You and your AdventureWomen companions will bond during a thrilling journey on snowmobiles through a man-made ice tunnel. Visit the Great Geysir Hot Spring, one of Iceland’s most famous wonders, and see if you can spot a rainbow hovering over the sparkling waters of the Gullfoss Waterfall.
A ride on Icelandic horses will bring you past tranquil ponds and picturesque waterfalls. A relaxing hot spring soak afterwards will wash away the dust of the road, and a charming Icelandic horse show offers fun photo opportunities. Spend an afternoon exploring Reykjavik with the friends you’ve made during your adventure; you’ll be sure to turn up the hidden wonders of this beautiful, unique city. Finish your adventure with a visit to the world-famous Blue Lagoon, an outdoor spa whose milky-blue waters are filled with skin-soothing minerals.
The breathtaking sights and experiences make this Icelandic journey in July 2019 truly unforgettable from start to finish!
- Vacation itinerary: Iceland Fire and Ice Adventure Tour
- What’s Included in your Women’s Vacation in Iceland
- Where You Stay in Iceland: Accommodations
- Flights and Traveling to Reykjavik, Iceland
- What to Pack for a Vacation in Iceland
- Detailed Itinerary: Iceland Womens Vacation
And hear what these AdventureWomen have to say about their Iceland fun:
- A cultural and multi-activity discovery of a pure, natural, and unspoiled land
- Take a thrilling ATV ride through rugged terrain on a volcanic peninsula
- Hike in Snæfellsjökull National Park, exploring moss-covered lava fields, pebbled beaches, and imposing cliffs
- Take in the natural beauty of Þingvellir National Park and Gullfoss Waterfall
- Ride on horseback to the Secret Lagoon and relax in the hot springs
What You'll See and Do
- ATV Ride
- Boat Cruising
- Cultural Exploration
- Glacier Exploration
- Historical Sites
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Springs
- Local Delicacies
- Natural History
- Spa Element
- UNESCO Site
- Women-To-Women Exchanges
If you're curious about this trip, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.