In mid July 2017, head to the magical island of Iceland on a multi-activity adventure in the land of "fire and ice". As the Iceland summer sun skims the midnight horizon, sunset melts into sunrise in this country of lush meadows and snow-capped mountains, hot springs and geysers, braided flood plains, frozen lava fields, and glaciers on top of volcanoes.
AdventureWomen's 2017 Iceland Adventure is a multi-activity adventure vacation that showcases this unique and fabulous island as the Icelandic people know it. You'll hear stories of the Saga ages and the island’s Viking history, learn about Icelandic traditions and way of life, and see where the world’s first parliament was held. You will also get to see life in today’s countryside, and view homesteads of the “hidden people”— the elves, trolls, and ghosts, who have set their historic mark on this fascinating and surreal landscape.
From elves to geysers to free-roaming horses, Iceland presents so much to see and do! Your diverse activities include visiting geysers and boiling mud pots; sailing among the islands of Breidafjordur Bay; jetboating on one of Iceland’s broad and beautiful rivers; horseback riding on the famous, smooth-gaited Icelandic horse; and driving a snowmobile on top of a magnificent glacier to explore ice tunnels in the glacier. You will visit a goat farm, and have special meals inside a hydroponic tomato farm, a lobster feast, and Farewell Dinner in a spectacular restaurant in the architecturally amazing Harpa Concert Hall. End your adventure at the world-famous “Blue Lagoon”, soaking in its warm, mineral-rich waters.
Many travelers, for the most part, know little about Iceland although this extraordinary country is only a 4½-hour flight from Boston. Even with its chilly name, Iceland has become one of the hottest destinations in Europe. It sports the greatest wilderness area in all of Europe, along with the largest waterfall and glacier, and is the most active volcanic area in the world. The country has a sparse population of approximately 333,000 folks who have a passion for the outdoors. Due to its abundant geothermal energy, Iceland is pristine and unpolluted. The city of Reykjavík has been judged the cleanest capital city in the world.
In a feral land of earth, fire, and water—with the North Star close at hand - join AdventureWomen for our 10th adventure to Iceland, an exciting cultural and multi-activity discovery of a pure, natural, and unspoiled land. There’s no place like it on earth!
- Experience all the BEST outdoor activities that Iceland has to offer! Hike, snowmobile on a glacier, visit an ice tunnel, horseback ride, cruise to view whales and seabirds, relax in mineral hot springs, and MORE!
- View homesteads of the “hidden people,” the elves, trolls, and ghosts of historic Iceland, the “hottest” destination in Europe.
- Stay in wonderful hotels, eat fabulous food, and see life in today’s countryside.
- Travel by comfortable mini-bus with Solveig, our Icelandic driver-guide, to view dramatic landscapes born of volcanic eruptions and carved by glaciers.
- Explore a pristine country that Americans know little about, and that’s only a 4.5 hour flight from Boston!
What You'll See and Do
- ATV Ride
- Boat Cruising
- Cultural Exploration
- Glacier Exploration
- Historical Sites
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Springs
- Natural History