SOLD OUT! Join AdventureWomen in August 2017 on an unforgettably active, outdoor adventure in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, with hiking, caverns, hot springs, river rafting, horseback riding, and more! Meet Eliza Hatch, Director of Guest Services at AdventureWomen and soak in a spectacular land of snow-capped mountains, turquoise lakes, glittering glaciers, and high alpine meadows carpeted in colorful wildflowers.
Begin your active adventure vacation in Canada with two fun-filled days exploring the backcountry of Kananaskis Country along the eastern foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Watch for resident black and brown bears, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, moose, weasel, and wapiti (elk) as you take to the trails on foot, by horseback ride, or mountain bike. Experience the magical world of underground caverns in their completely natural state, lit only by your headlamp, and learn about mountain geology and how these caves were formed. And, during a private visit to a dog-sledding base camp, get “doggone” playful with the 90 or so Alaskan Huskies and their puppies, as you learn about what goes into maintaining and exercising these healthy, happy canine athletes.
Take a memorable day trip along the Icefields Parkway, with breathtaking views all the way to the Columbia Icefields, the largest mass of ice in the Rocky Mountains. On the Athabasca Glacier, you’ll strap on special gear for a thrilling, guided Ice-walk, surrounded by the breathtaking panorama of some of North America’s highest mountain peaks.
Round out your adventure with two glorious days of exploration in Banff, Canada’s first National Park, and Yoho, both part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks UNESCO World Heritage Site. Raft the aptly named Kicking Horse River on a river rafting stretch that is just right for both first timer rafters or more seasoned paddlers. Explore the shores of glacier-fed Lake Louise and soak in the fabled hot springs. Hike the Sentinel Pass Trail to wildflower meadows and jeweled lakes that reflect the surrounding mountain majesty.
Are you up for week of magnificent scenery and spectacular activities in Canada’s Kananaskis Country? Then this adventure vacation in the Canadian Rockies is perfect for you!
- Itinerary: Canadian Rockies Adventure Vacation
- What’s Included in your Vacation in the Canadian Rockies
- Traveling to Calgary in Alberta, Canada
- What to Pack for your Canadian Adventure Vacation
- Detailed Itinerary: Canada Multisport Vacation for Women
- Spend an unforgettably active week in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains!
- Explore the spectacular scenery in Canada's enchanting Kananaskis Country, and take to the trails with hikes and optional bicycle rides.
- Experience underground caves, visit a dog sledding base camp, and ride horseback on a western mountain trail with panoramic views.
- Drive the world-famous Icefields Parkway to the Athabasca Glacier, and take a thrilling guided ice-walk on the glacier.
- Whitewater raft, hike and explore in Canada's first National Park, Banff, and Yoho, both part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE.
- Stay in comfortable accommodations in beautiful Canadian settings.
What You'll See and Do
- Cave Tour
- Glacier Exploration
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Springs
- National Parks
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing
If you're curious about this trip, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.