Fall in love with the hidden jewel of the Himalayas on a 12-day journey through Bhutan in December 2019 just filled with cultural experiences, active exploration, and unforgettable moments!
From Bangkok, fly to the Haa Valley in Bhutan, an unspoiled wonderland and one of the country’s least-visited areas. Get to know the adventurous women joining you on this journey on a hike or mountain bike ride through Bhutan’s primeval forests. A visit to the Chele La Pass offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas towering overhead, and the Paro and Haa Valleys unfurling below.
The ancient Jambey Lhakhang Temple, an extremely holy site for the country’s Tantric Buddhists, nestles in the fertile, peaceful valleys of Bumthang. Walk through the beautiful countryside, over the rushing Chmakhar Chu River on a footbridge, and through the paddy fields on your way to the temple complex at Tamshing, where many young monks are trained.
At the Pema Choeling Nunnery you’ll experience an impressive spiritual drum ceremony performed by the 100+ nuns undertaking a 12-year course of study here. Get to know these amazing women as you share stories over lunch. Visit the famous watchtower of Trongsa Dzong, which guarded the town from rebellion, and currently houses the nation’s most fascinating museum.
A beautiful nature hike through the Phobjikha Valley will offer glimpses of the extremely rare black-necked crane. Share your favorite experiences with your new friends while you gaze out over the glacial plains some have claimed are the setting of the mythical shangrila.
Reconnect with nature while you commune with Bhutan’s unspoiled beauty during a night of tented camping in the Punakha Valley. Marvel at the stunning Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten Temple, perched on a ridge overlooking the lush valley floor, as you hike through Punakha. A visit to the Chimi Lhakhang Monastery will let you commune with generations of Bhutanese women, who travel there seeking fertility blessings!
The modern city of Thimphu is a stark contrast with your Bhutanese wilderness adventure. Visit the world’s largest seated Buddha statue, 169 feet tall and truly awe-inspiring. The national museum in Paro offers a glimpse into Bhutan’s rich past. Cap off your journey with a visit to Taktsang Lhakang, “The Tiger’s Nest”, Bhutan’s most iconic temple. Clinging to a cliff face 900 meters above the Paro Valley, some pilgrims will walk for a month to reach it. Though you are not allowed inside, a 4-5 hour hike will bring you to a spectacular viewpoint, where you can snap some last photos with the amazing women you shared this adventure with.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to travel to Bhutan in December 2019 to experience one of the world’s most incredible, unique cultures!
- Bhutan Adventure Travel Tour for Women: Day-by-day Itinerary
- What’s Included in your Bhutan Cultural Tour
- Accommodations While in Bhutan
- What to Pack for your Bhutan Womens Vacation
- Traveling to Bhutan via Bangkok, Thailand
- Detailed Itinerary: Bhutan Adventure Tour
- Visit the Pema Choeling Nunnery in the remote region of Bumthang and engage in an impressive and emotional drum ceremony with the nuns
- Walk through Phobjikha Valley to see the rare black-necked cranes and visit the Royal Society for the Protection of Nature’s exhibit dedicated solely to these birds
- Explore the magnificent fortress of Punakha Dzong, once the capital of Bhutan
- Spend one night camping in an exclusive campsite in Punakha
- Hike to see the breathtaking views of Taktsang “the Tiger’s Nest” monastery in Paro
What You'll See and Do
- Historical Sites
- Local Delicacies
- Natural History
- Spa Element
- UNESCO Site
- Women-To-Women Exchanges
If you're curious about this trip, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.