Witness the stunning, unspoiled vistas of Tasmania, Australia’s island state to it’s south, on a six-day trek in March 2019 along the Overland Track. Then choose to extend your Australian adventure by visiting some of this country’s most stunning sites, from Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef!
Begin your hiking vacation on the island of Tasmania, known for its vast, rugged wilderness areas in protected parks and reserves. Hike the Cradle Valley, where you’ll get to know the other women on your journey as you trek through ancient temperate rainforest and along the shores of an ancient glacial lake. A steep climb will bring you to Marion’s Lookout, with stunning views of Cradle Mountain. Cross the Waterfall Valley to the base of the towering Barn Bluff. Trek over undulating moorland past shallow glacial tarns. You and your fellow adventurous travelers will marvel at the views of Cradle Mountain, Barn Bluff, and Mount Pelion.
Descend into the peaceful, fragrant reaches of the Lemonthyme Valley then climb up to the verdant Pelion Plains. Take a break with a friend in a pristine swimming hole, or explore an abandoned copper mine together! Climb the Pelion Gap for spectacular views in every direction. Hike through spectacular old forests and past majestic waterfalls. You’ll finish your trek along the shores of Lake St. Clair, Australia’s deepest lake. The fragrant leaves of the eucalyptus will refresh you before you head back to Cynthia Bay.
This active hiking, swimming, snorkeling, and cultural journey through Tasmania and Australia in March 2019 will be truly unforgettable!
- Hiking Vacation in Tasmania: Day-by-Day Itinerary
- What’s Included on your Hiking Trip to Tasmania
- Where You’ll Stay in Tasmania
- What to Pack for a Walking Trek in Tasmania
- Travel Tips & Information: Traveling to Launceston, Tasmania
- Detailed Itinerary: Tasmania Hiking Vacation for Women
Some travelers will choose to depart for home after their Tasmanian hiking trek, but you can extend your Australian adventure with even more unforgettable Aussie experiences!
- Visit Cooya Beach, where your Aboriginal guide will demonstrate the mud crabbing and spear fishing techniques that have been handed down in the Aboriginal culture for generations.
- A day-long snorkeling tour to the Great Barrier Reef is a wondrous experience. Marvel at pristine coral gardens and brilliantly colored fish at exclusive sites along Australia’s greatest natural wonder. A “river drift” journey through the Australian rainforest is like a mini-safari! Make sure to snap pictures with your fellow-travelers beneath the verdant greenery.
- A full day of sightseeing in Sydney takes you to the impressive Sydney Opera House, world-famous Bondi Beach, Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair, and more! Travel along the iconic coastline and visit an Aboriginal art gallery. You’ll pass through some of the city’s most exclusive locales, and get a feel of daily life in this bustling Australian metropolis.
- A final hike through the Royal National Park offers a chance to connect with nature and your fellow travelers one last time. Take in the breathtaking panoramas from Garie North Head during your long walk along the Coast Track. To round out your adventure vacation in Australia, enjoy a final gourmet picnic atop Bald Hill with your new AdventureWomen friends.
- Walk the iconic Overland Track in Tasmania, Australia, one of the world’s great walks
- Hike through ancient rainforest, spectacular old forests, and past majestic waterfalls
- Climb the Pelion Gap for spectacular views in all directions
- Learn mud crabbing and spear fishing techniques from your Aboriginal guide
- Snorkel among the coral gardens of the Great Barrier Reef
What You'll See and Do
- Extension: Scuba Diving
- Extension: Snorkeling
- Local Delicacies
- Natural History
- UNESCO Site
- Wildlife Viewing
If you're curious about this trip, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.