There are two 2014 departures for AdventureWomen's Alaska vacation. Trip #1 is June 14th - 21st, 2014 and Trip #2 is June 22nd - June 29th, 2014.
AdventureWomen's Alaska Bear Viewing and Wildlife Safari on the Kenai Peninsula, south central Alaska, takes you on an Alaska adventure tour deep into grizzly bear territory where most don't have the opportunity to venture. An Alaska vacation to rival none, this bear watching, whale watching, glacier cruise and wilderness odyssey (with only 12 fellow travelers) gives you an insider's glimpse of Alaska, America's "last great place". This adventure is truly a nature aficionado's and a wildlife and landscape photographer's dream trip to Alaska. And it all and takes place in June, at the peak of Alaska’s “midnight sun”, in America's Last Frontier.
Our Alaska playground is the Kenai Peninsula, including Kenai Fjords National Park and Wildlife Refuge and Resurrection Bay, which encompass hundreds of square miles of Alaskan mountains, fjords, and forested valleys. We discover this unique state's scenic treasures - mountain meadows, hidden lakes, rolling forests, whispering streams, and sparkling blue glaciers - all of them teeming with rare species of Alaska wildlife.
During our action-packed eight days in Alaska we enjoy the company of expert Alaskan wildlife guides. We'll spend relaxing nights under Alaska’s “midnight sun” in deluxe Kenai Peninsula lodges and comfortable bear viewing camps, and gain a true appreciation and knowledge of Alaska's authenticity, prolific wildlife, and awesome scenic beauty.
A highlight of this Alaska adventure tour is our flight seeing tour by private bush plane over Kenai Fjords National Park, transporting us to a spectacular Alaska Bear Camp for prime viewing of grizzlies (Alaska brown bears), cavorting in their natural habitat. Our remote Alaska bear viewing camp is located on the shores of Lake Clark National Park in rugged Alaskan wilderness. Custom "weather ports" are our homes for two nights, and we have unlimited opportunities to view and photograph brown bears (also known as "grizzly bears") and their cubs, just emerging from their winter dens to feed on the succulent saltwater and sedge grasses found around our Bear Camp.
But bear viewing is just the beginning of our Alaska adventure! Later, we enjoy an easy rafting float trip down the turquoise clear waters of Alaska's Kenai River, then take a wildlife cruise into Resurrection Bay in the incomparable Kenai Fjords National Park for whale watching and views of seacoast birds and marine life. We hike up to a glacier and explore the Alaskan communities of Homer and Kachemark Bay. From salmon bakes to the evening masterpiece, courtesy of the talented Chef's at our deluxe adventure lodge, this Alaska adventure vacation is the perfect way to discover Alaska, "the greatland," our 49th and largest state.
- Itinerary: Alaska Adventure Tour
- What's Included in your Alaska Tour
- What to Pack and Bring to Alaska
- Traveling to the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska: Map & Travel Tips
- Alaska Adventure Travel: Trip Details
Here is a great video of our Alaska group leaving Bear Camp in a Bush Plane from the beach at Lake Clark. This has got to be the most beautiful runway in the world! (Video by Ellen Franks)
- A flight seeing tour by bush plane to an Alaska Bear Camp, named "Best Bush Camp" by Outside Magazine, to experience 2 nights and 2 spectacular days of Alaska bear viewing.
- Enjoy a rafting float trip on the Kenai River through Alaska's scenic Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.
- Take a wildlife cruise into Resurrection Bay from Seward, Alaska, in Kenai Fjords National Park for whale watching to view humpbacks and orcas, and see puffins, sea lions, otters, and sea birds.
- View stunning Alaskan glaciers and mountains.
- Explore the charming seaside town and artist community of Homer, AK and Kachemark Bay, "Where the Land Ends and the Sea Begins."
- Spend 4 nights at a luxurious Alaska Adventure Lodge, at the confluence of the Moose and Kenai Rivers with vistas of the Kenai and Chugach Mountains and the Harding Icefield.
What You'll See and Do!Bear Viewing, Boat Travel, Flightseeing, Hiking, Photography, Sea Kayaking, Sightseeing, Whitewater Rafting
What You'll See and Do
- Bear Viewing
- Sea Kayaking
- Whitewater Rafting